Vtaw left NexusMods

yngve91

It is not clear what goes on in the heads of adult children. If there were huge bonuses, there would probably be murders among the authors. 😁 It's a shame that vtaw left. An outstanding author, a very hardworking person. He is one of those authors who made me want to master 3D. 😔

2 minutes ago, South8028 said:

It is not clear what goes on in the heads of adult children.

Are you calling Vtaw an adult child? You admitted you do not know the reason, and for all we know (for all I believe) it was a very good reason. But you have no right to call someone that if you don't know them, which obviously you don't.

1 hour ago, Karna5 said:

Are you calling Vtaw an adult child? You admitted you do not know the reason, and for all we know (for all I believe) it was a very good reason. But you have no right to call someone that if you don't know them, which obviously you don't.

As far as I heard, there was some disagreement between vtaw and some other guy about 1st place in the free competition. 🙂 Is not it so? Ok. I didn't mean to offend vtaw. I'm just sorry that vtaw left the nexus because of some nonsense.

22 minutes ago, South8028 said:

As far as I heard, there was some disagreement between vtaw and some other guy about 1st place in the free competition. 🙂 Is not it so? Ok. I didn't mean to offend vtaw. I'm just sorry that vtaw left the nexus because of some nonsense.

Vtaw's always shared his mods in at least three places, Loverslab, Patreon and Nexus. While Nexus is convenient, if any forum ever feels toxic (either to getting a formal warning with which someone might disagree) or for hostile modders, it's fair to leave the toxic environment.

Vtaw didn't leave modding and still shares his work. I actually sympathize a lot with him. He worked on that Wardrobe 9 for a long, long time. And to get a formal warning on top of toxic modders is as good a reason as any to withdraw.

• Like 1

Whole thing just saddens me. I have made two mods that requires Vtaw's mods: Vtaw Wardrobe Preview Meshes and FIS - Vtaw Clothing Sorting. @JustThatKing or @TheVampireDante, do I also need to tag both of these mods as Adult? I'm not sure. My preview mesh mod is currently tagged as Adult but my sorting mod is not.

I hope Vtaw's mods will be back on Nexus someday. Vtaw has apparently said that his mods will be back on Nexus when his warnings expires.

• Like 1

@mkh97

From a quick glance at those, it doesn't appear that the mod pages contain adult content. Unless there's adult elements to what is added by the mod itself rather than by a mod it requires, then it doesn't need an adult tag. E.g. there are many outfits for body mods that are not adult tagged, as the outfits themselves are not adult content, even if the naked body mod is adult content. 

As for "when his warnings expires.":
Warnings don't expire. Only restrictions applied to the account as a result of a warning can expire. E.g. someone uploading spam could be restricted from uploading mods or images for 30 days.

We don't intend to remove the warning, because there was a valid reason for it being applied. All it effectively means is a mark on the account that moderators can see and a public warning in the aforementioned forum about the violation of the Terms of Service. 

Example of why the mod had to be flagged as adult content, see the Adult Content Guidelines for more info on our rules on this. 
Disclaimer, spoiler contains adult content. 

Spoiler

78169-1706778069-2057783399.jpeg

• Like 1

Reading the comments in this section as well as other places this has been discussed, it seems to me clear enough that the issue stems partly from the competitive nature of the 'Mod of the Month' system.

The idea of highlighting particular achievements is great, but of course some people will go way overboard and treat it as a competition, as we´ve seen with the situation between Vtaw and WarfightersWorkshop.

I think here NexusMods might be able to help, maybe to reevaluate the program.

JustThatKing - Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. I think I will remove the Adult tag from my preview mesh mod then. There are only clothing (that you can't wear, it's just previews) in that mod and nothing else.

If warnings don't expire, I guess this means that Vtaw's mods will not be back on Nexus unless he changes his mind. Hopefully he does.

yngve91 - I think they should just get rid of Mod of the Month. Most people probably doesn't even know that it exists anyway.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 7:21 PM, Karna5 said:

Vtaw's always shared his mods in at least three places, Loverslab, Patreon and Nexus. While Nexus is convenient, if any forum ever feels toxic (either to getting a formal warning with which someone might disagree) or for hostile modders, it's fair to leave the toxic environment.

Vtaw didn't leave modding and still shares his work. I actually sympathize a lot with him. He worked on that Wardrobe 9 for a long, long time. And to get a formal warning on top of toxic modders is as good a reason as any to withdraw.

If Vtaw literally removed Adult Content tags when the content is literally Adult Content (which is what the moderators said happened) - what is there for you to be sorry about?

At the end of the day people own their mistakes and carry on.   

I agree about the toxic environment thing.    However, if your actions are part and parcel of what contributes to that toxic environment - again - own it.

Running from it doesn't accomplish anything.

Edited by fraquar

16 minutes ago, fraquar said:

If Vtaw literally removed Adult Content tags when the content is literally Adult Content (which is what the moderators said happened) - what is there for you to be sorry about?

I'll take this question as genuine rather than rhetorical. I am of the philosophy that talking is better and preferable to punishment. For instance, did the moderator in question talk to Vtaw when first giving the adult flag, or did the moderator just put the adult flag without persuading or explaining to vtaw? If the latter, then what happened was an escalation of a clash.

In my youth I was a bouncer from time to time in several punk bars of Detroit and Pontiac. I was very good at spotting trouble (I could see over the heads of everyone), but my approach was always to put a gentle hand on trouble makers' shoulders and lean down and whisper in their ears. I never hit anyone. I always solved problems with a whisper.

I would like to think the conflict with vtaw (bad/hostile modder aside) could have been handled with a whisper. I will never know as that is between vtaw and the moderator, however. And frankly, I don't want to know.

• Like 1