When opening a container/corpse to loot, NPC dialog becomes interrupted and doesn't pause. Any fix?

YAOMTC

It did crop up there yes but it also is happening all the time whenever I want to multitask and not just stand there while they talk. I'm guessing nobody's come up with a fix for this

I don't think it's possible to fix this.  It is possible to just make them shut up though.  I did this with the daedra shrine's (where they disable your controls and talk) where I can press a key to just make it jump to the end.  However, with the three times the Calvicus Vile dog starts talking to you, I just ignore it.

The problem is that the script does a command to make them 'say" something to you (which can be several sentences per 'say' and be up to 5 'say's), and there is no way to stop that once they start saying that part of it, and there is no way to make it pause when I go into any menu. It will make them stop saying that part and then just go to the next 'say'.

Edited by GamerRick
  • Thanks 1

Actually, I can think of 1 work-around, and that would be that the script detects when you go into MenuMode and makes it re-say the last say when you go back into gamemode.  

The only other thing is that you can turn on general subtitiles and at least be able to read what they are saying.  I did that to make sense of what Mankar was saying.  At one point he says "You think i'm occupa" which is really "You think I mock you."

Edited by GamerRick
  • Thanks 1