IT JUST WORKS (Issue resolved)

Bourboncigar

3 hours ago, AaronOfMpls said:

Then, too depending on what you play, you might find some of your games have Linux versions already.

Expanding on that -- Steam games I have as Linux versions (rather than Windows versions) include...

• Cities: Skylines
  • Civilization V
  • Mini Metro
  • Please Don't Touch Anything
  • Portal
  • Portal 2
  • Russian Subway Dogs
  • The Witcher 2
  • Valheim
  • Volgarr the Viking

In addition, for The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, I use the Linux version of OpenMW in place of the Windows .exe the game came with.

I also have some other Linux games outside of Steam, like FreeCiv (a civ game inspired by Civilization II and III) and OpenTTD (a fan remake of Transport Tycoon Deluxe).

But this is getting pretty far off-topic now. 😎  We can start a new thread about it -- maybe in the General > Gaming > PC subforum -- if you want to discuss more.

Edited by AaronOfMpls

5 hours ago, Bourboncigar said:

That was precisely it. Somehow the ini in the documents was still set to german.

Good to hear. My guess (fwiw) is that you accidentally used a german language downgrader and it flipped the language setting to its intended audience.

5 hours ago, AaronOfMpls said:

The shortcut-arrow icons are symlinks, which work a bit differently from Windows shortcuts

Righto! Familiar from my days as a Linux-based based admin/dev.  I figure whatever works for wherever you are and however you like...

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 12:54 AM, anjenthedog said:

Good to hear. My guess (fwiw) is that you accidentally used a german language downgrader and it flipped the language setting to its intended audience.

Not really. Tried it before, but since it was broken at the time, I did a "clean" reinstall and used the console method.

I still suspect its somekind of bug. Something mustve pushed something. I havent had this, not even with really broken mod collection skyrim.

Xedit is also still set up incorrect and I did some script fukery. had to do with silent voice npcs, that have voiced dialogue in vanilla.

So that couldve been the perp, as I removed it not long beforehand.