Looking for mod - Subway tunnel segments with curves

dferstat

I found a workaround which might be worth a try,
- Create a start tunnel01 segment
- Create the turned 15° or 45° tunnel01 segment (we call it mid segment here)
- Align the mid segment to the start and end segment so that it fits
- Create and end tunnel01 segment turned 15° or 45°
- Snap the end tunnel01 segment to the mid segment

- Use the tunnel01start, mid and end to create the working CK tunnel segment in Blender or else

Example, i created two start, mid and end pieces for a 45° setup:
TestCell01.jpg.5aa4be607be4921d82eca5f071cd9ca1.jpg

Another picture with proper naming:

TestCell02.jpg.7efbaf9e651340cc4ee4c49b240116fd.jpg

In Blender (if it is that easy) you might insert all thie piece(s) below, remove the mid pieces, and leave the start and end piece(s):

TestCell03.jpg.c2f48216edbc8bf17690532897820248.jpg

You would need to re-create, fill the mid pieces and the empty mid part so that it fits perfectly fine.

I found 15° snaps horrible in the CK its very difficult to use for whatever reason. There might be a reason why BGS only used 90° pieces. 45° works very good its the default arc in the CK btw. So i can only hope you will try it. 🙂

The easiest way is to assemble the entire design base in 3ds along with collisions in the form of one nif. Then populate the ck with objects and create a navigation mesh. I don’t know either... Is there support for ck bs conect points? With dots in the workshop you can connect any parts at any angles... Any parts and angles... But I don’t know how to do this in sk. If I were assembling interiors for ck, I would completely assemble all the statics in 3ds. It's just that ck is super inconvenient and ck has a bastard renderer.

For the average user of these pieces, it will be easier to create SCOL's with CK. (& save it to a new nif, iif needed/wanted)

Still, the connection point kind of thing would absolutely be desirable.

2 hours ago, RoNin1971 said:

For the average user of these pieces, it will be easier to create SCOL's with CK. (& save it to a new nif, iif needed/wanted)

Still, the connection point kind of thing would absolutely be desirable.

bs connect point is easy to add to nifscope. Click on parent NiNode > Node > Attach Extra Data > BsConnectPoint::Parents. CPA name. The simplest connection type is P-Conduit01. You can immediately transfer power to segments. Place the points according to the coordinates of the vertices of opposite edges. It is enough to add 2 dots on each edge. P-Conduit01 face-to-face docking. Or I don’t know how to formulate... Dad to Dad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, South8028 said:

bs connect point is easy to add to nifscope. Click on parent NiNode > Node > Attach Extra Data > BsConnectPoint::Parents. CPA name. The simplest connection type is P-Conduit01. You can immediately transfer power to segments. Place the points according to the coordinates of the vertices of opposite edges. It is enough to add 2 dots on each edge. P-Conduit01 face-to-face docking. Or I don’t know how to formulate... Dad to Dad.

I know all about connection points, but as far as I know those don't work inside CK.

11 hours ago, RoNin1971 said:

I know all about connection points, but as far as I know those don't work inside CK.

mass fusion is somehow assembled with a bs connect point. Roof panels can be disassembled from Place Everywhere (my entire map is a workshop) and assembled there anything you want. I don't know how bgs used bs connect point's there. But, I think that assembling the entire structure in a 3D editor is still the easiest way... And the most accurate way. In ck it is impossible to assemble everything as neatly as in 3ds.

This would happen if im using the 64 snap to grid default setting in the ck to start build a perfect aligned 45° tunnel segment:

Picture 1, the highlight tunnel segment is the first piece, notice the second piece moves onto the first piece:

TestPicture01.png.5142917d604979146cb768f086b62313.png

Picture 2, this is the gap for pieces 02 and 03. None of the pieces would move onto each other instead the perfect position is abit further away from piece 02:

TestPicture02.png.b34ee3fc4617b5d6fe6340aeca5cc500.png

Picture 3, view more above, piece 01 to the left, 03 to the right:

TestPicture03.png.dfe53096ffbe8db710a93d0963151263.png

Edit: The workaround for 1, 2 snap to grid works. 🙂

Another example of some of the techniques used for 45° / 15° pieces:

RoadIntRampUp01bSW01

Nxsmdsfdb.png.6bebbf41b7959e0e72e9b2c79dbe2f63.png

This piece is a cut in half 45° object. Maybe you can do this for 15° subway tunnel pieces as well?

EDIT, another example how BGS implemented 45°, 90° turns which might be of help for the subway tunnel project:

SancRoadLoop01EndPreWar

Nxsmdsfdb.png

This one here seems to be a 15° turn:

RoadAlleyCurve02Free

Nxsmdsfdb.png.05b58cfd79399cad70da83ea67c09c58.png

I admire your persistence, but you keep failing to see the issue. Non of those pieces is supposed to link up seamless with itself to form a perfect 30, 45, 90 etc. turn. Look at my graph and imagine what happens if you move or resize those "pie pieces" ... it won't fit anymore! You CAN NOT get these pieces to snap to your grid.

Click:

STRG+Q

It works perfectly with the CK (vanilla) pieces. You just need to copy BGS logic.

You can also try:

SancRoadLoop01

to let it snap to:

SancRoadLoop01End

it works PERFECTLY. See for yourself:

Nxsmdsfdb.png.2fce2d5a2f0b02e21947fd1e84481a91.png

This would work with the Subway pieces aswell...