I skipped Sunny, and now I am doomed.

Lollia

Well, maybe doomed is too strong a word. However, I failed to realize just how much is tied to going through the tutorial with Sunny--or at least the first conversation with her, which I skipped.

What can I say? I was in the old bone orchard, as Victor might call it, and upon looking about at the vast expanse of beautiful desert before me, I felt compelled to fling myself off the hill and blaze my way past radscorpions and cazadors alike--I have a similar reaction to the ocean in some games.

I (barely) made it to Red Rock Canyon with just a single dose of antivenom. From there I made my way to the Boomers and then helped out around Freeside and Novac. Now at level 23, it struck me that I should probably complete Back on the Saddle at some point, so I dashed my way past the deathclaws near Sloan only to find that Sunny will not talk. She'll force-greet me and I can ask her some general questions, but the quest cannot go any further.

Trudy will never be able to spawn in, and Ghost Town Gunfight is as good as dead. Made a save and tried to progress via console, but there was no luck to be had. Any thoughts?

Edited by Lollia

You can try

1. Kill all the geckos from GS to GS source to see if it help?

2. Drop all healing powder, xander roots and broc flowers. Pick up a few of them around GS school and cemetery, talk to Sunny to see if it kick in?

3. Use the GS Source campfire to make a healing powder, talk to Sunny again?

That was 3 stages in the quest

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, laclongquan said:

You can try

1. Kill all the geckos from GS to GS source to see if it help?

2. Drop all healing powder, xander roots and broc flowers. Pick up a few of them around GS school and cemetery, talk to Sunny to see if it kick in?

3. Use the GS Source campfire to make a healing powder, talk to Sunny again?

That was 3 stages in the quest

I admit it: I was skeptical, but holy moly! That actually worked! 😲

Walked into the bar and Sunny starts right off by complimenting me on my healing powder prowess. 🤣

Thank you so much! I honestly never would have thought of doing that.