(SOLVED) I have a working version of Skyrim AE 1.6.640 now, but nearly all the CC content is missing? Where do I get them from?

Daelyn

So I've been talking to people here since mid december of 2023 trying to get my older version of Skyrim AE 1.6.640 to run with 400+ mods, and I finally got it working yesterday, but when I went to load my saved game, it seemed to work but nearly all the cc content was missing. I have two installs, the one I want to use, and the bait one that steam is to update whenever it wants, which won't affect my 1.6.640 version, yet the cc files are the same in both installations. 

These 4 files:  ccBGSSSE001-Fish, ccBGSSSE025-AdvDSGS, ccBGSSSE037-Curios, and ccQDRSSE001-SurvivalMode are the same in both installations, and are the only cc files I can find. I went into the bait install, and redownloaded all the cc content, which is supposed to be 74 cc mods, but then it was still left with the same 4 cc files afterwards, so it basically accomplished nothing. When I went to another website to look at what the cc files are supposed to look like in a normal install in the data folder, it showed me a picture listing of all of these below but I do not know how to get them. Does anyone know? I've spent a long time trying to get 1.6.640 back up and running, and finding this issue that is still stopping me from using my saved games is quite frustrating. Where are these files to be found?

ccafdsse001-dwesanctuary.bsa
ccafdsse001-dwesanctuary.esm
ccasvsse001-almsivi.bsa
ccasvsse001-almsivi.esm
ccbgssse002-exoticarrows.bsa
ccbgssse002-exoticarrows.esl
ccbgssse003-zombies.bsa
ccbgssse003-zombies.esl
ccbgssse004-ruinsedge.bsa
ccbgssse004-ruinsedge.esl
ccbgssse005-goldbrand.bsa
ccbgssse005-goldbrand.esl
ccbgssse006-stendarshammer.bsa
ccbgssse006-stendarshammer.esl
ccbgssse007-chrysamere.bsa
ccbgssse007-chrysamere.esl
ccbgssse008-wraithguard.bsa
ccbgssse008-wraithguard.esl
ccbgssse010-petdwarvenarmoredmudcrab.bsa
ccbgssse010-petdwarvenarmoredmudcrab.esl
ccbgssse011-hrsarmrelvn.bsa
ccbgssse011-hrsarmrelvn.esl
ccbgssse012-hrsarmrstl.bsa
ccbgssse012-hrsarmrstl.esl
ccbgssse013-dawnfang.bsa
ccbgssse013-dawnfang.esl
ccbgssse014-spellpack01.bsa
ccbgssse014-spellpack01.esl
ccbgssse016-umbra.bsa
ccbgssse016-umbra.esm
ccbgssse018-shadowrend.bsa
ccbgssse018-shadowrend.esl
ccbgssse019-staffofsheogorath.bsa
ccbgssse019-staffofsheogorath.esl
ccbgssse020-graycowl.bsa
ccbgssse020-graycowl.esl
ccbgssse021-lordsmail.bsa
ccbgssse021-lordsmail.esl
ccbgssse031-advcyrus.bsa
ccbgssse031-advcyrus.esm
ccbgssse034-mntuni.bsa
ccbgssse034-mntuni.esl
ccbgssse035-petnhound.bsa
ccbgssse035-petnhound.esl
ccbgssse036-petbwolf.bsa
ccbgssse036-petbwolf.esl
ccbgssse038-bowofshadows.bsa
ccbgssse038-bowofshadows.esl
ccbgssse040-advobgobs.bsa
ccbgssse040-advobgobs.esl
ccbgssse041-netchleather.bsa
ccbgssse041-netchleather.esl
ccbgssse043-crosselv.bsa
ccbgssse043-crosselv.esl
ccbgssse045-hasedoki.bsa
ccbgssse045-hasedoki.esl
ccbgssse050-ba_daedric.bsa
ccbgssse050-ba_daedric.esl
ccbgssse051-ba_daedricmail.bsa
ccbgssse051-ba_daedricmail.esl
ccbgssse052-ba_iron.bsa
ccbgssse052-ba_iron.esl
ccbgssse053-ba_leather.bsa
ccbgssse053-ba_leather.esl
ccbgssse054-ba_orcish.bsa
ccbgssse054-ba_orcish.esl
ccbgssse055-ba_orcishscaled.bsa
ccbgssse055-ba_orcishscaled.esl
ccbgssse056-ba_silver.bsa
ccbgssse056-ba_silver.esl
ccbgssse057-ba_stalhrim.bsa
ccbgssse057-ba_stalhrim.esl
ccbgssse058-ba_steel.bsa
ccbgssse058-ba_steel.esl
ccbgssse059-ba_dragonplate.bsa
ccbgssse059-ba_dragonplate.esl
ccbgssse060-ba_dragonscale.bsa
ccbgssse060-ba_dragonscale.esl
ccbgssse061-ba_dwarven.bsa
ccbgssse061-ba_dwarven.esl
ccbgssse062-ba_dwarvenmail.bsa
ccbgssse062-ba_dwarvenmail.esl
ccbgssse063-ba_ebony.bsa
ccbgssse063-ba_ebony.esl
ccbgssse064-ba_elven.bsa
ccbgssse064-ba_elven.esl
ccbgssse066-staves.bsa
ccbgssse066-staves.esl
ccbgssse067-daedinv.bsa
ccbgssse067-daedinv.esm
ccbgssse068-bloodfall.bsa
ccbgssse068-bloodfall.esl
ccbgssse069-contest.bsa
ccbgssse069-contest.esl
cccbhsse001-gaunt.bsa
cccbhsse001-gaunt.esl
ccedhsse001-norjewel.bsa
ccedhsse001-norjewel.esl
ccedhsse002-splkntset.bsa
ccedhsse002-splkntset.esl
ccedhsse003-redguard.bsa
ccedhsse003-redguard.esl
cceejsse001-hstead.bsa
cceejsse001-hstead.esm
cceejsse002-tower.bsa
cceejsse002-tower.esl
cceejsse003-hollow.bsa
cceejsse003-hollow.esl
cceejsse004-hall.bsa
cceejsse004-hall.esl
cceejsse005-cave.bsa
cceejsse005-cave.esm
ccffbsse001-imperialdragon.bsa
ccffbsse001-imperialdragon.esl
ccffbsse002-crossbowpack.bsa
ccffbsse002-crossbowpack.esl
ccfsvsse001-backpacks.bsa
ccfsvsse001-backpacks.esl
cckrtsse001_altar.bsa
cckrtsse001_altar.esl
ccmtysse001-knightsofthenine.bsa
ccmtysse001-knightsofthenine.esl
ccmtysse002-ve.bsa
ccmtysse002-ve.esl
ccpewsse002-armsofchaos.bsa
ccpewsse002-armsofchaos.esl
ccqdrsse002-firewood.bsa
ccqdrsse002-firewood.esl
ccrmssse001-necrohouse.bsa
ccrmssse001-necrohouse.esl
cctwbsse001-puzzledungeon.bsa
cctwbsse001-puzzledungeon.esm
ccvsvsse001-winter.bsa
ccvsvsse001-winter.esl
ccvsvsse002-pets.bsa
ccvsvsse002-pets.esl
ccvsvsse003-necroarts.bsa
ccvsvsse003-necroarts.esl
ccvsvsse004-beafarmer.bsa
ccvsvsse004-beafarmer.esl

If you purchased them through steam, then that is where you download them. After the game installs and you go to run it, a pop up window will open saying you have the CC content to download. Takes a bit as download is pretty big. I realize this area I am going to mention is not part of your question, but think you should know. I have never ever heard of a bait LO or whatever. I am not even sure how you think you are accomplishing that. I'd think you'd need two installs of the game and I have no idea how Beth and or steam would not know they were there to update. It's not like its going to quit looking after one if steam knows its installed twice. This is beyond my exposure or thought process so I am not even sure I am explaining it right, lol.

Bottom line is, there are established ways to protect your system from updating. I know there is a thread pinned in general discussions for SSE on steam and I think there is a thread here in the SSE forum on nexus. Hope it helps and happy modding!

EDIT: And you have to have an account with Beth.

Edited by Indio21

5 hours ago, Indio21 said:

If you purchased them through steam, then that is where you download them. After the game installs and you go to run it, a pop up window will open saying you have the CC content to download. Takes a bit as download is pretty big. I realize this area I am going to mention is not part of your question, but think you should know. I have never ever heard of a bait LO or whatever. I am not even sure how you think you are accomplishing that. I'd think you'd need two installs of the game and I have no idea how Beth and or steam would not know they were there to update. It's not like its going to quit looking after one if steam knows its installed twice. This is beyond my exposure or thought process so I am not even sure I am explaining it right, lol.

Bottom line is, there are established ways to protect your system from updating. I know there is a thread pinned in general discussions for SSE on steam and I think there is a thread here in the SSE forum on nexus. Hope it helps and happy modding!

EDIT: And you have to have an account with Beth.

Bethesda will keep updating Skyrim this year and possibly over the next few years. The change in version number is messing a lot of people's mods up, and causing a lot of mayhem with saved games. I have a save (several of them)  that I am playing off of that I am recording a long character story for my YouTube channel since January of 2023. There is only one official way to prevent Steam from updating a single install, and that is to set it to not have it update unless started directly from steam. In my case, I have been using Vortex and wasn't launching from Steam, however in early December, it did update my installation after I had ended playing a session, regardless of me not using Steam to do so.

Others have also had this issue. But there is another way to do it as well to prevent this. A seperate install where you have all your mods and your stable non-changing playable version of Skyrim is the best answer for this, however it is not connected to Bethesda and cannot access the mods from there as it is not recognized by steam. Well, this is why you'd have an official install for Steam to use, which i referred to as a bait install. Steam can update it all they want and it won't affect your current modded installation.

As I wrote, the issue is that the non-official installation doesn't connect to Bethesda. But then when looking at the official installation and the cc mods there, they are the same as the non-offcial installation. So it makes no sense to me. Where are all of the 74 cc mods that come with the anniversary edition? They are not there in the official installation either, and in my non-official one, the only one I care about, my saved game cannot detect a whole host of missing cc mods. There is no file in the official install data folder that my non-official one doesn't have, as I have copied and pasted them all. 

As I wrote, in both installations there is only the four cc mods. So this makes zero sense to me, especially after today when I went into the official installtion, launched from steam, re-downloaded all 74 AE cc mods, and the only mods showing up in the data after that are the same four cc mods that were there before. 

So this is where I am, and I am left highly confused and wondering what the heck is going on. 

There has to be an easy answer for this to get the cc mods back. 

• Like 1

Alright, so when I logged back into the steam install of Skyrim AE, it downloaded all the cc files I was looking for. But now when I copied and pasted them into my other install with the older game version, Skyrim crashes upon start up at the logo screen. I've deleted them all from the data folder, and left the original 4 cc mods in, and then it started again. Why would the cc mods cause the game to crash when launching from vortex?

I wish this was going smoothly. I feel everytime I progress, I run into another roadblock shortly after. 

Are you running BEES in your 1.6.640 LO?  If not, the CC stuff you d/l were probably ones with the new 1.71000 header, OR the newer CC stuff doesn't play well w/the 1.6.640 versions of unofficial fixes for the game and/or CC fixes...

5 hours ago, 7531Leonidas said:

Are you running BEES in your 1.6.640 LO?  If not, the CC stuff you d/l were probably ones with the new 1.71000 header, OR the newer CC stuff doesn't play well w/the 1.6.640 versions of unofficial fixes for the game and/or CC fixes...

Thanks, all I needed at this point was to use the mod: the Backported Extended ESL Support - BEES-1_2 mod: 

And it all works perfectly fine now. Thanks for all the help from before, 7531Leonidas. It's much appreciated. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Daelyn said:

Alright, so when I logged back into the steam install of Skyrim AE, it downloaded all the cc files I was looking for.

My mistake, I thought the subject title and OP was your question......"I have a working version of Skyrim AE 1.6.640 now, but nearly all the CC content is missing? Where do I get them from?"......It seems by your reply it was answered, your welcome.

@Daelyn -- Completely optional, but, you can edit the first post to add "solved" to the title if you want.

• 4 months later...