4 Gold every few seconds

Klivia

I am puzzled for months with this issue. Now that I finally fixed my LO for good I get really annoyed in my immersive Survival Mode playthrough that I get unavoidably 4 Septims every few seconds out of thin air. I have well about 2000 Mods so I hope instead of listing my LO that maybe someone knows this issue and can connect it to any known mod that generates this amount of gold every few seconds.

No it happens for 4 months or so now but I never really saw the priority to fix that. I started well hundret of new saves in several different ways. Even by loading into a clean save and such. The problem seems persistent.

I cannot guess what could cause this but I had a mod doing something odd on me so I loaded my entire LO into SSEEdit and was able to work out which mod was doing the anomalous thing. Maybe something similar can work for you. Mine was giving me a perk and I didnt know which mod was doing it or why. Good luck.

Summermyst - Enchantments of  Skyrim  - one of enchantments available  is "Philosopher's Stone" Which grants player X gold per hour .    As one in-game hour is 3 min real time, that looks about right.  

And looking at the scripts in that mod:

The script attached to that effect will kick off the OnUpdateGameTime  cycle on the player, which does not end when the effect ends.    It just keeps going.

Moreover, it does not check the target of the effect - meaning ANY NPC equipping an item enchanted with that effect will result in this.

Consider enabling your Papyrus logging.    Summermyst definitely logs the event.  

Thanks for the advices! ❤️ Yeah I already checked my whole LO with SSEEdit several times because I had to edit a lot of my esps and flags in order for the game to even start up. But Summermyst really might be the issue I have that installed. But I don't see any suspicious behaviour in my papyrus log, I will look again. Never knew of the Philosophers Stone entchantment I thought I only get the effect when activating that standing stone, but I am not really familiar with that part of Skyrim I haven't really played the game so far, only modded it and now want to start and play it lol 😄

I also have Ordinator, I have seen it has a similar trait but I have comb.-patches for all my entchantment/perk overhauls. 

Do you know wich line it is in the script you looked at? :3

Oh and to the investment/banking, yes I have Evolving Value Economy (SkyRem Economy) at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com) 

So, on further look, this is how Philosoper's Stone  enchantment works:    it uses 'Confidence' Actor Value.   Oh, and the items that can be found in game with this enchantment, are often called "of Wealth"

In other words, the magic effect boosts player 'confidence' by its magnitude, when  such item is equipped.    And as mentioned once the effect script runs,  it will keep cycling every game hour (3 minutes)   

In vanilla game, confidence is a value only used for NPCs, not player - but if some mod messes around with confidence on the player,  (i.e. sets it to 4) that could be the cause.

Again, could have nothing to do with Summermyst.

I edited the esp of Summermyst so that the effect is set to fire and forget instead of a constant magic effect but that didn't stop the issue. As you said it could have nothing to do with it. I mean I could also spent the gold I get by the mighty Talos to beggars but still it breaks the immersion. And I don't want to hear that Brynolf "I'm saying you've got the coin, but you didn't earn a septim of it honestly. I can tell." in the back of my head all the time xD

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Klivia said:

Brynolf "I'm saying you've got the coin, but you didn't earn a septim of it honestly. I can tell." in the back of my head all the time xD

First time I saw this I thought the game was recording all the NPC I pickpocket gold from. Had the Whiterun captain guy send thugs out to me for the measly 60 gold I nicked from his pocket. How rude. I pickpocketed him again and left his contract with the thugs behind. Be funny if he could react to that, lol.

Edited by ghowriter
  • Haha 2