Can RobCo Patcher assign names?

BlazeStryker

I haven't heard about this plugin but I hardly keep track of mods released for Fallout so it's not surprising.. there are so many...

Well, from the looks of it seems like it overwrites base form data in the memory, similarly to script extenders. As such, full names (TESFullName) are supported but object and references may have a "custom name" or "override name" (BSFixedString if I'm remembering right).

Automatrons however are game created references whose RefIDs cannot be defined in an .ini or .txt before they exist ("built"), only afterward. Also, they don't have a full name as far as I remember (empty string), the game code (hardcoded function) gives them a random name when they're built. So they necessarily have a custom name (which by the way was a pretty bad idea by BGS because their code may purge it during normal operation causing the well known "Automatron loosing their names" issue...).

As for the question, whether this patcher supports game created, built automatron references and allows you to add/change their override name data on event PlayerRef.OnPlayerCreateRobot, judging by the articles it doesn't seem so but you can request this feature, the author says in the description he's open to requests. (If the author wouldn't like to implement it, one function to add/change such names was decoded ages ago by registrator2000 in his Rename Anything mod which you can use to rename automatrons without the Robot Workbench in the console. He also exposed the functions to Papyrus so you can even write a script to automate the process).

Edited by LarannKiar

I only know that the RobCo Patcher can change the names. I used it to do that for my clothing sorting mods.

3 hours ago, LarannKiar said:

I haven't heard about this plugin but I hardly keep track of mods released for Fallout so it's not surprising.. there are so many...

Exactly. If only people could add some of their mods to the same page instead of having them all separate then maybe there wouldn't be so many....

Authors do have a Mods tab if people think to check, and Categorization was always a thing. Older mods do get made nonfunctional with updates, on occasion. And collating into Collections actually cost us a fair few mods and then some!