All resources at one place/vendor/kiosk

DirtyDan86

Hi there,

I am looking for a mod or probably a little DIY advice to get ALL resources from one place.

I am currently on my 4th playthrough and  built many outposts, but now I'd just make life a little easier by having all resources (especially for building/decoration) at one vendor or kiosk, maybe both.

Currently using the "Portable Vendor" mod, which is great, but I'd love a little more immersive feeling than an inventory item for it. So I was thinking of adding all resources to a Trade Authority kiosk in outpost builder or give them to a vendor like Jemison Mercantile.

But... honestly I dont't know how.

I know how to give all ship parts to a vendor with "addkeyword + ref id", but how do I do this with a vendor / vending machines, since "addkeyword + item id" doesn't work that way.

So a mod that's doing this OR a little help how to do it myself would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

It works like this:

- vendors are member of vendor Factions (Fallout 4 wiki), see in SF1Edit: Vendor_ShipServices_ParadisioFaction "Ship Services Vendor Faction" [FACT:003D264A]

- In SF1Edit, every faction has an element "VENC - Mechant Container". In the example, this would lead to: Vendor_ShipServicesContainer_ParadisioREF [REFR:001CF7E5].

- This Mechant Container is the object reference of the base form: Vendor_ShipServicesContainer "Ship Services Vendor Storage" [CONT:0012DF01]

- This is the Container form that contains all the items the vendor sells.

- Usually, these items are placed in "Leveled Items" (like LL_Vendor_Credits_ShipServices_Small [LVLI:00006E0F]). It is a special collection of items that allows the developers to condition and randomize the spawn chances of items.

Any of the forms I mentioned above can be edited in SF1Edit as needed. Basically, you either need to add your items to the Leveled Item or add them to the Container itself (i.e. skipping the Leveled Item).

Note: in vanilla, vendor container reset time is 48 ingame hours. The harcoded timer starts after the barter menu is closed if I'm remembering right.

Edited by LarannKiar
  • Like 1

@LarannKiarThank you very much for the clarification! I‘ll definitely look into SF1Edit.

So there is no way to do this via console commands like the addkeyword rule for ship vendors, is it?

I can select the vendor via console and use additem to give the resources to it, but to make them always available, I need to edit it via SF1Edit, right?

1 hour ago, DirtyDan86 said:

@LarannKiarThank you very much for the clarification! I‘ll definitely look into SF1Edit.

So there is no way to do this via console commands like the addkeyword rule for ship vendors, is it?

I can select the vendor via console and use additem to give the resources to it, but to make them always available, I need to edit it via SF1Edit, right?

Well, technically one can add Forms to Leveled Items with a Papyrus script which is callable from the Console but editing the records in SF1Edit should be easier than making a custom Papyrus loop with AddForm.