Azeroth Reborn - A World of Warcraft experience right in Skyrim!

taryl80

by announcing months/year early you have committed the classic self dooming of every fan project ever. you have put a spotlight on it that the IP lawyers are going to hone in on to try and prevent the initial release.

14 hours ago, Tenz81 said:

no, that was just a one guy work... in 3 months and never did any 3d stuff before he says. Imagine what they could do with a team... but of course they need to finish to milk the golden cow (WoW)  to the death before they think to improve anything

Disappointing.  I'll never understand why game studios won't use Unreal Engine.  It seems I've read a few articles, that went over how game studios decided against using Unreal Engine.  Bioware decided to take over development of the Hero Engine instead of using Unreal Engine, for their development of SWTOR, for example.  I seem to recall that other studios did the same.

5 hours ago, darkconsole said:

by announcing months/year early you have committed the classic self dooming of every fan project ever. you have put a spotlight on it that the IP lawyers are going to hone in on to try and prevent the initial release.

I was thinking kind of the same thing.  Bioware (EA) probably wouldn't like it...  Maybe look into making your work "Cease and Desist" proof...

6 hours ago, DirebearCoat said:

Disappointing.  I'll never understand why game studios won't use Unreal Engine.  It seems I've read a few articles, that went over how game studios decided against using Unreal Engine.  Bioware decided to take over development of the Hero Engine instead of using Unreal Engine, for their development of SWTOR, for example.  I seem to recall that other studios did the same.

Tecnology releases are delayed in late on purpose. They need to milk all they can from the old ones before to pass new ones to the public. If you think what we could do with kinect sensors, but we are still using keyboard and mouses, I bet also big pharma has also interests in keeping people sit at the desk instead of making sport while gaming...

Edited by Tenz81

Hey guys. By all love for politics please stay a bit at the topic.

Btw. what the legal site of the mod matters so I think that this mod has a real chance, since I haven't use any Blizzard assets. I know that there was a guy before me who tried the same as me and he used original assets from World of Warcraft (far as I have read) but that I haven't.

All 3d models are either Bethesda assets or made by a 3d modeler extra for this mod, or were free to use on Skyrim SE NexusMods. World of Warcraft audio files are also not in use so... I think everything should be ok so far.

1 hour ago, taryl80 said:

Hey guys. By all love for politics please stay a bit at the topic.

No politics are being discussed.  I think we are talking about the business practices of some industries, and why technologies are so slow to be adapted.  For example, why gaming studios wouldn't use Unreal Engine, which was used to make that Westfall video, when it was ahead of its time, some years ago.  Another example, why certain gaming devices are slow to be adopted.  There's money involved, not politics.

If you think you've got legal cover, for the reasons you stated, then I guess we don't have anything to worry about, but perhaps rename the locations a bit Sturmwynd instead of Stormwind, for example.  Just to ward off the lawyers...  Unless, that is, you think that's covered, too.

Edited by DirebearCoat

15 hours ago, DirebearCoat said:

No politics are being discussed.  I think we are talking about the business practices of some industries, and why technologies are so slow to be adapted.  For example, why gaming studios wouldn't use Unreal Engine, which was used to make that Westfall video, when it was ahead of its time, some years ago.  Another example, why certain gaming devices are slow to be adopted.  There's money involved, not politics.

If you think you've got legal cover, for the reasons you stated, then I guess we don't have anything to worry about, but perhaps rename the locations a bit Sturmwynd instead of Stormwind, for example.  Just to ward off the lawyers...  Unless, that is, you think that's covered, too.

Atm. there are no plans to give any location a different name. However, I don't think that is a problem. I also heard location the name "Stormwind" a few weeks ago in a Let's Play of a different game, movie or whatever. I don't know it anymore just that it wasen't World of Warcraft but thank you for your concerns. Really.

I was already thinking about that as I had taken the mantle up to develop the mod further and I just hope that it is enough to use no Blizzard Assets. The texts in the game will also be completley custom written and not come from the original game, or even wikis about World of Warcraft. First I had let a AI wrote those texts (because I feel a bit insecure with english since I am not a native english speaker) but with a bit of luck, a real story writer will look over those texts and give them a more human touch.

Sorry guys, I had a old Discord invation link in. The new one is: https://discord.gg/EZWwKsPyn3

That was my mistake. Still I hope to see now new folks in the Discord Channel!

Edit: And another new one. I didn't knew that Discord invitation links could expire. Very sorry for that! This one will now work forever (hopefully!!!).