bought AE Upgrade and need help

WaRi0

I recently bought the AE upgrade via steam and now when I launch the game it downloads all the exclusive creation club content every time I launch the game.  I have no idea why either.  I have latest Skyrim AE/SKSE/updated mods, no errors in SSEedit, dunno whats causing it.

Just playing with the CCC IDK how that works. Once the game is modded, launching from skse is pretty much required. It seems like it would auto detect if the content was present though.

It's actually kind of funny now.  My problem kept happening even after I got a refund for the Anniversary Update and no longer owned it.  Every time I start SkyrimSE now it STILL thinks I own the AE Upgrade and downloads all of the creation club content over again.  I made a support ticket on Bethesda.net and they keep bumping up my ticket.  "I am escalating your ticket to a specialized team to ensure you receive the best possible resolution of your issue.  Thank you for your patience while they review your request, they should be reaching out to you shortly."  It's an annoying issue and do hope it gets resolved I just find it a bit funny that Bethesda doesn't know wtf is going on either.  🙂

Have you tried doing a complete re-install of the game?  Seems like something did not get properly updated after returning / refunding the AE upgrade.  This would be a Steam issue and not a Bethesda one as it is Steam's software that thinks you still have the AE upgrade and wants to download it.  I'd reach out to Steam if you have not already.

• 4 weeks later...