does anyone have any assumptions on what happened to all the settlements in California as far the lore goes as the lore goes

Issacreaper2

I wanted to create an idea for a lore-friendly mod, but I also wanted to make a little what if you know. as far as the things I want to change well it's about what happened over the past few years to know about that I need to know about some of the lore while at the same time making minor changes in a way that would make sense now I did take time out to look up YouTube videos that explain some of these details about lore like what happened to the enclave and also how the Brotherhood Of Steel and the NCR had the disagreements but I also try to play all the games all the way through except for fallout 4 to get a sense of what happened I forgot some of Fallout 2's ending, as well as Fallout 1. But a lot of stuff can happen over time, and I want this future mod I'm making to be something Fallout fans like as well as special. So, I'd like to know your thoughts on what probably happened over time in the Mojave wasteland.

By the events of Fallout: New Vegas the NCR has taken Northern California and small chunks of Oregon and Nevada. Most of them are probably doing okay, although it probably gets worse up north because it would still be under heavy reconstruction, and the looming threat of raiders and instability within NCR territory.

From the Fallout show trailers, which show Los Angeles as a still destroyed area by 2296, this has to be a stupid retcon in the lore, because with the NCR approaching a million or already has, and rebuilding California has already gone well underway, it would make sense that people would have began to clean up, rebuild, and repopulate LA. 

If your looking to make a Mojave-based mod, Project: Mojave would be a great place to start if you want lore. Things have quieted down and some of the NCR's enemies seemed to have backed down somewhat, but it still has that feeling much of the area is abandoned and unprotected. I'm honestly not so sure how there's been a six-year stalemate though TBH.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 7:05 PM, NextTurnLeft said:

By the events of Fallout: New Vegas the NCR has taken Northern California and small chunks of Oregon and Nevada. Most of them are probably doing okay, although it probably gets worse up north because it would still be under heavy reconstruction, and the looming threat of raiders and instability within NCR territory.

From the Fallout show trailers, which show Los Angeles as a still destroyed area by 2296, this has to be a stupid retcon in the lore, because with the NCR approaching a million or already has, and rebuilding California has already gone well underway, it would make sense that people would have began to clean up, rebuild, and repopulate LA. 

If your looking to make a Mojave-based mod, Project: Mojave would be a great place to start if you want lore. Things have quieted down and some of the NCR's enemies seemed to have backed down somewhat, but it still has that feeling much of the area is abandoned and unprotected. I'm honestly not so sure how there's been a six-year stalemate though TBH.

My Goal is to bring some things back into Fallout such as factions like the enclave and NCR, and Places like settlements like maybe if they are still around New Reno Junk Town While still taking place in the Fallout 4 timeline, I only want to be a little lore-accurate though. because I don't want to mess up something I don't know happened during that time that is my goal and thanks for the info with LA and NCR also project Mojave is a good idea to check out but I was kind of thinking of making my own DLC sized mod and would even be willing to have help if anyone offers any

8 hours ago, Issacreaper2 said:

My Goal is to bring some things back into Fallout such as factions like the enclave and NCR, and Places like settlements like maybe if they are still around New Reno Junk Town While still taking place in the Fallout 4 timeline, I only want to be a little lore-accurate though. because I don't want to mess up something I don't know happened during that time that is my goal and thanks for the info with LA and NCR also project Mojave is a good idea to check out but I was kind of thinking of making my own DLC sized mod and would even be willing to have help if anyone offers any

the west coast enclave has been gone for a while and is pretty much on the verge of collapse unless someone in the leadership turns the tide on the east coast.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NextTurnLeft said:

the west coast enclave has been gone for a while and is pretty much on the verge of collapse unless someone in the leadership turns the tide on the east coast.

yeah, I've been hearing a lot about that but there has been speculation that they could be in a lot of places like space, Mount Weather, and possibly Alaska, also there may also be some unnumbered vaults we may not know the location, and are in a cryogenic slumber of which actually wouldn't be too surprising because I'm pretty sure President Dick Richardson was elected well before 2041 and 2077 and knowing the enclave they may have vaults or places all across the united states and no one has found them and I don't think many people go exploring in some of these places even if they did they may not notice what's hidden in plain sight personally I like the space Idea but yeah I'm going to say. I do agree though that someone in the leadership turning the tides in the East Coast would make a lot of sense. and that would be especially great because that's kind of what I plan on doing in this mod making certain things take place in East and West coast.