KotN not starting - Pilgrimage failing

llloyd

So I exhausted all the options with the Prophet, went to do the Pilgrimage and since I had 0 fame and 61 ish infamy it upchucked and told me to gain more fame. So I went and did the entirety of the Arena, this got me up to 31 Fame with still 61 Infamy. So I went and did the Pilgrimage, did all 9, got the pop up saying I had completed it, but didn't get the Vision and my Infamy was still 61. So I tried again but got a pop up saying I needed more fame. First I did a quick Google, only seen one other say that they had the same issue and Auto Leveled Item mod (and two others, forget which, I don't have them installed, never did ) is what broke it. So I uninstalled that, rebuilt the Bash Patch (since Auto Leveled Items was included in it), then I did one mission for the Fighter's Guild, gained 1 fame, repeated the Pilgrimage , got though all 9 , no pop up saying I did the Pilgrimage, and if I try one of the others again I get the same pop up saying I need to gain more fame. So I went back to the Prophet, made sure all conversation topics were indeed gray (I had discussed them with him), one more mission for the Fighters Guild, redid the Pilgrimage, same results, no pop up saying I completed it and no Vision. Uh... WTH? How do I bloody well start this quest?

My Mods and their Mod Order

GameMode=Oblivion

Oblivion.esm=1
Knights - Revelation.esm=1
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp=1
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp=1
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp=1
DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp=0
DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp=0
DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp=0
DLCShiveringIsles.esp=1
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp=1
DLCHorseArmor.esp=1
DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
DLCVileLair.esp=1
DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp=1
DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
DLCSpellTomes.esp=1
DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
DLCThievesDen.esp=1
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp=1
Knights.esp=1
Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
DBShadowSet_Argonian.esp=0
Custom Autosave.esp=1
Jhaerik's Dungeon Fog Remover.esp=1
StockClothingArmor-forExnems.esp=1
mighty_bows_arrows_recovery.esp=1
DBShadowSet.esp=0
100%ChameleonMod.esp=1
1SI_Horses.esp=1
DBShadow Set Mods.esp=0
mighty_bows_sneak_dmg_bonus.esp=1
MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp=1
DBShadowSet_Khajiit.esp=1
DB Shadow Set - Khajiit - Mods.esp=1
Predator Vision Amulet.esp=1
mighty_bows_damage_bonus.esp=1
Bow Mods.esp=1
DenockArrowToo.esp=1
Knights_fem.esp=1
playable golden saint and dark seducer armour.esp=1
More and cheap training-8523.esp=1
Vial Of Human Blood-5161.esp=1
The Lost Spires.esp=1
Kvatch Rebuilt.esp=1
Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp=1
OCO_UOP_USIP_Patch.esp=1
Gianna.esp=1
HUD Status Bars.esp=1
Night Eye Toggle-2666.esp=1
Improved Hotkeys.esp=1
Jhaerik's Dungeon Fog Remover Lite.esp=0
Knights - Revelation.esp=1
Enhanced Water v2.0 HDMI.esp=1
Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp=1
Lesser powers.esp=1
goldenarrowarcheryshopfixedprices.esp=1
Golden Arrow Armor Mods.esp=1
Bag of Holding.esp=1
Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp=1
mighty_bows_full.esp=1
mighty_bows_gravitation_mod.esp=1
mighty_bows_improved_firerate.esp=1
mighty_bows_sneak_dmg_bonus_alt.esp=1
Moonshadow Elves - NoSc.esp=1
Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp=1
RenGuardOverhaul.esp=1
RTFemaleReplacerV12.esp=1
ShrineMarkers.esp=1
Training Sword.esp=1
Shroud Armor AC Boost.esp=1
Perfect_Weather.esp=1
Natural_Weather_HDR_by_Max_Tae_CO_RD.esp=1
Wayshrines on the Map.esp=1
Lost Paladins of the Divines.esp=1
ImprovedSigns.esp=1
Cat_eyes.esp=1
BrotherhoodRenewed.esp=1
SkinMannequinVan-nosleep.esp=1
DS and GS Playable.esp=1
Auto Potion.esp=1
SkinMannequinVan.esp=1
DBShadowSet_Khajiit_NE.esp=0
DBShadowSet_Argonian_NE.esp=0
DBShadowSet_NE.esp=0
OCO_Eyes_Fix.esp=1
Stav_ImperialDragon.esp=1
KotN Revelations Playable Armor.esp=1
Purge Cell Buffers ++.esp=1
OCO_DLCHorseArmor_Patch.esp=1
OCO_DLCMehrunesRazor_Patch.esp=1
OCO_DLCOrrery_Patch.esp=0
OCO_DLCThievesDen_Patch.esp=1
OCO_KnightsOTN_Patch.esp=1
OCO_KvatchRebuilt_Patch.esp=1
All Spells Avalible for Enchanting and Spell Making.esp=1
ArmorRatingUnCappedREDUX.esp=1
Bashed Patch, 0.esp=1

Plus xOBSE (updated ) , and the plug ins BA Engine Fixes, Blockhead, CobbsCrashLogger, Engine Bug Fixes, FastExit2, MenuQue, OBSE Jail Fix, OBSE Kyoma Menu Que, and OBSE Training Fix. I use the latest version of the NMM CE (86.0.0) . I'm puzzled, I've played Oblivion dozens of times before, I rarely alter my mod list, just update the mods as the few rare that still get updates get them, though this last time I've had to add BA Engine Fixes and Cobbs to try and fix an annoying CTD which ENBoost has mitigated to a certain extent but it still does it, or not, I'm testing BA Engine Fixes to see if that solves it for good. >.< But this post is all about the sudden, on this play though, KotN deciding to not start all of a sudden.

Yeah, if I keep an eye on NDPilgrim, the quest that runs and gives you the vision after praying at all 9, stays rock steady at stage 10, doesn't tick up for each Shrine or to 20 to acknowledge I have prayed at all 9, Even if I nudge the  quest up to 20 and get the vision, it doesn't clear my infamy.

Looking at my entire mod load out in TES4Edit, nothing overrides the Knights.esm except the unofficial patch and even that's only adding Arkay that seems to have gotten forgotten in the original.

l7yUIQY.png

So I dunno, with nothing interfering it * should * be clearing my infamy so I can wear the Crusader Relics, which I can't do, due to my infamy not resetting or the quest acknowledging I've done the Pilgrimage. >.<

Well, if my memory serves right, if you have too high infamy for starting Knights of the Nine questline - it should be enough to make pilgrimage to all wayshrines of the Nine and it should reset your infamy to 0 (without Knights of the Nine it wasn't possible before). After this you speak to the prophet and after you answer "You are right, I'm not worthy..." he should respond with that gods will decides for themselves and he will give you a map with wayshrines you must visit. After visits and return to him the questline should start.