Where to go for help with mod/texture editing?

Kepora

I found some nicely detailed textures for the old Fennec (Lilmothiit) mod, but there's some pretty egregious seams and the khajiit striped normal map is giving me unwanted stripes on my character's reflections! SoS also doesn't recognize it, which has cause other problems. Does anyone know who I could ask or where I could go? I tried Fiverr but I only get really fishy replies, already think I'm being scammed once now, and unfortunately this kind of texture work is WAY out of my wheelhouse!

Chances are it is not the textures you need to edit, but rather the meshes.    Locate the mesh those textures are for and see if you can convert it to SSE base shape,  Otherwise, you might need to do some UV editing (also on the mesh) in order to eliminate the seams.

21 hours ago, scorrp10 said:

Chances are it is not the textures you need to edit, but rather the meshes.    Locate the mesh those textures are for and see if you can convert it to SSE base shape,  Otherwise, you might need to do some UV editing (also on the mesh) in order to eliminate the seams.

I...haven't even the slightest clue how to do any of that, lmao. Where could I go to get help with that, then? XD

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, scorrp10 said:

If you got links to the textures/mods you are trying to use, I could have a look and give better idea as to what needs to be done.    

Alright! The mod is here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2510?tab=posts

And the textures I uploaded to Drive here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1R0fDG5ZZ_RMln_kzCwCnF3yCsSFwigl9?usp=sharing

I'm also using SoS and the body included in that, so you'd have to check LoversLab 'cause I recall linking to there from here was a no-no. What bothers me is that, AFAIK, the SoS body is based off the Bettermales one - which this SHOULD work with! I might just have rose-tinted glasses and not remember these seams, too.

Edited by Kepora

Ok, lets go over this a bit.   The male textures that come with the  Fennec  Race SSE are definitely for vanilla, not SoS/HIMBO body.    And they are pretty horribly done too.     It is basically  vanilla Khajiit texture with most darker spots painted over, with a white brush, and a bunch of places painted over with orange.   Fairly crude, too.   And yes, those textures applied to vanilla body they are designed for, produce some pretty ugly looking seams.    They should have put some orange on the lower front body portions too.    Probably best way to salvage this would be to take a Khajiit texture  that came with SoS, and rework it in similar manner - probably best done via Texture Paint in Blender.

Anyway, I did a bit of fixing on the male body texture, see if that works for you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MoRl20mayNHqKWntUVoUf3h705Cta0ow/view?usp=drive_link

Edit - this fixes the body itself but not the feet.  One thing about this improved texture - it looks like the feet portions (as well as legs, actually) are from female texture...
But if the body section is looking good, I should be able to do the feet part.

23 hours ago, scorrp10 said:

Ok, lets go over this a bit.   The male textures that come with the  Fennec  Race SSE are definitely for vanilla, not SoS/HIMBO body.    And they are pretty horribly done too.     It is basically  vanilla Khajiit texture with most darker spots painted over, with a white brush, and a bunch of places painted over with orange.   Fairly crude, too.   And yes, those textures applied to vanilla body they are designed for, produce some pretty ugly looking seams.    They should have put some orange on the lower front body portions too.    Probably best way to salvage this would be to take a Khajiit texture  that came with SoS, and rework it in similar manner - probably best done via Texture Paint in Blender.

Anyway, I did a bit of fixing on the male body texture, see if that works for you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MoRl20mayNHqKWntUVoUf3h705Cta0ow/view?usp=drive_link

Edit - this fixes the body itself but not the feet.  One thing about this improved texture - it looks like the feet portions (as well as legs, actually) are from female texture...

I had a feeling that's what the case was! I'll plug 'em in and see how it works when I play later!

On 4/2/2024 at 3:48 PM, scorrp10 said:

Holy crap, it ain't perfect and I'm not looking for perfection, but the differences so far are night and day! Though apparently I need to find a way to edit my shape aside from racemenu (it reset all my skills and stuff last time...), I made those shoulders way too weak, lmao!

ScreenShot18.png

ScreenShot19.png

had to throw this one too, with the tinting and such, just...WOW this old mod starts to shine again! I can't get over how much better it looks already, and I'm super appreciative of it already. ❤️

ScreenShot20.png

That is kinda strange - where are those stripes coming from?     If I take a HIMBO body mesh, apply this texture as diffuse,  use the textures\actors\character\khajiitmale\bodymale_msn.dds  and the default subsurf and specular meshes, it does not have those sort or stripes...