Where to go for help with mod/texture editing?

Kepora

11 minutes ago, scorrp10 said:

That is kinda strange - where are those stripes coming from?     If I take a HIMBO body mesh, apply this texture as diffuse,  use the textures\actors\character\khajiitmale\bodymale_msn.dds  and the default subsurf and specular meshes, it does not have those sort or stripes...

That's a head scratcher from me! It's been an issue on my end; maybe it's a body markigns thing, I'll have to hit up the face sculptor again and see if it's an in-game option! Will reply again soon!

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, scorrp10 said:

That is kinda strange - where are those stripes coming from?     If I take a HIMBO body mesh, apply this texture as diffuse,  use the textures\actors\character\khajiitmale\bodymale_msn.dds  and the default subsurf and specular meshes, it does not have those sort or stripes...

Nope, just hit up the face sculptor - nothing I can find! It seems to be puling from the Khajiit specular which has stripes embedded on it. I'll see if there's a fix for that.

Edited by Kepora

46 minutes ago, scorrp10 said:

Okay, so both the specular AND Normal maps for my SoS-friendly khajiit ahd the stripes baked on! The textures are nice, but making the stripes stand out was just silly! I yanked the ones from this mod, and here's what I ended up with!

ScreenShot27.png

6 hours ago, Kepora said:

Though apparently I need to find a way to edit my shape aside from racemenu (it reset all my skills and stuff last time...)

ShowRaceMenu Alternative will prevent that reset, if you use it instead of using the ShowRaceMenu console command.  From the mod description:

This mod fixes the problems encountered with the ShowRaceMenu command and allows to your character to change into any race, including custom ones, and preserve your skills and perks.

-------------------

2 hours ago, Kepora said:

Nope, just hit up the face sculptor

And that's another option, depending on what you're changing. 🙂

Edited by AaronOfMpls

9 hours ago, AaronOfMpls said:

ShowRaceMenu Alternative will prevent that reset, if you use it instead of using the ShowRaceMenu console command.  From the mod description:

This mod fixes the problems encountered with the ShowRaceMenu command and allows to your character to change into any race, including custom ones, and preserve your skills and perks.

-------------------

And that's another option, depending on what you're changing. 🙂

Wish I had known that before, lmao. I had accidentally installed an ESM and ESP files, one was for Oldrim and one was for SE and I'd accidentally picked the Oldrim one for my character!