ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

How To Disable A Feature In A Mod

DirebearCoat

I installed a mod that adds mods to the plants and trees of Skyrim as part of a series of mods that adds seasons and the changing of the leaves on trees and such as the seasons change.

I had to check boxes and stuff to decide what kinds of changes I wanted, this style flower, that style bush, etc.

One of the check boxes was "Holy Cow."  Installs cow worship in the game, is what the tool tip said.  I figured, I'd start seeing the occasional shrine with a cow statue, or something.  The first thing I see, when I step out of the gates of Whiterun, is a mountain sized cow over the giants' encampment.

I think it's a prank.

So, now.  I want to uninstall that "Holy Cow" "feature" without uninstalling the whole mod.  Is there a way to do this?

6 minutes ago, DirebearCoat said:

So, now.  I want to uninstall that "Holy Cow" "feature" without uninstalling the whole mod.  Is there a way to do this?

Probably easiest to uninstall the mod and reinstall it -- and choose different options in its installer. 🙂  Note where it is in your load order too , so you can put it back in the same place.

Otherwise, look through the .zip/.rar./7z it came in, to see which files are the "Holy Cow" ones, if you'd rather remove them manually.

Edited by AaronOfMpls

3 minutes ago, DirebearCoat said:

O.K., I really appreciate you taking time to answer some of these questions.

No problem! 

Another option:  If you're using Mod Organizer or similar, where mods are stored in their own separate folders ... install a Holy Cow-less version in its own separate folder name.  E.g., rename the Holy Cow version to "<mod name> - Holy Cow", and install a second copy without it to just "<mod name>".  Enable it, then disable the Holy Cow one.

EDIT: Ignore this if you're using Vortex or NMM without any virtual filesystems and such.

Edited by AaronOfMpls

I'm using Vortex.  On the "Mods" tab, I went to the dropdown boxes under "Actions."  The option to "Reinstall" was there.  So, I did that.  It gave an option to reinstall or to do some other kind of function.

I chose to reinstall.  It had all of the options I had checked earlier, already pre-checked.  I unchecked Holy Cow.  It was in a mod called "Base Object Swapper."

And the mountain sized cow is gone!

Thanks for your help.  Without your suggestion to remove the mod, I would not have discovered this feature in Vortex.  It was super easy.  I just had to go through the mods I had installed earlier to see which one it was - Base Object Swapper.

• Like 1