Crash when trying to store Junk in any bench of any settle

celoghc

Im getting a crash everytime i hit the store button near a bench. Pretty clueless what could be the problem.

I dont have much time to play lately, so i really dont want to start a new game.

Fallout 4 v1.10.163
Buffout 4 v1.28.6

Unhandled exception "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" at 0x7FF7C6751DF0 Fallout4.exe+2101DF0

edit: It seems it only happens when i have 

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

on fallout4custom.ini

edit: its solved this time,l i dont know what i did but it worked ol

Edited by celoghc

I suggest not using the Store All Junk button, but store it one at a time watching to see exactly which crashes you.

For instance, a few weeks ago I kept crashing when storing stuff in the work bench, so I did just that, and I spotted that it was crashing storing a Junk Jet. So I experimented with that and saw I had a bunch of junk as ammo in it, and storing it with the junk was crashing me. But I could equip the junk jet fine. So I fired the weapon until it was empty, and then I could store it.

If you're crashing storing junk into a workbench, it's not the act that's crashing you. It's a specific item.

p.s. oh okay, I'm blind. you said you solved it. 🙂

Posted (edited)
On 4/3/2024 at 7:50 PM, Karna5 said:

I suggest not using the Store All Junk button, but store it one at a time watching to see exactly which crashes you.

For instance, a few weeks ago I kept crashing when storing stuff in the work bench, so I did just that, and I spotted that it was crashing storing a Junk Jet. So I experimented with that and saw I had a bunch of junk as ammo in it, and storing it with the junk was crashing me. But I could equip the junk jet fine. So I fired the weapon until it was empty, and then I could store it.

If you're crashing storing junk into a workbench, it's not the act that's crashing you. It's a specific item.

p.s. oh okay, I'm blind. you said you solved it. 🙂

thanks for the response.

In fact i didnt solve it. I found that i need to have those lines to enable some mods =( .

Lol, i was playing with most of my mods disabled 

The crash happens when i press the key to open any workbench inventory, in any settlement. i cant even select which item i want to store or retrieve.

Do you have any idea on how to solve it?

i have no idea what i did but i solved it right now oO,

thanks again for the response !!!

Edited by celoghc
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Afaik there is a workshop limit of 65565 items (2^16-1) per stack. So if you have that much of an item in it and want to store another one it crashes.

The game also gets more sluggish when you have a lot of stuff in the workshop. One reason why I don't store everything in my wokrshop. I tend to use rename anything to make dedicated chests for different things (one for chems, one for clothing, one for hats, armor sorted per type, etc) I also tend to pull food and water out of the workshop with contraptions stuff. (But that more so that the settlement continues producing)

If crashes happen when you want to open the workshop inventory, might be worth either pulling stuff out with the contraption thing, or simply spam build stuff and see if that helps.

The fact that it stopped crashing might be a sign that you crafted something, which consumed some of the scrap in the workshop put you under the 64k limit.

• Like 1