Racemenu not working well in AE?

Vatanabe

Hi everyone, I've played on LE all my life and today I switched to modding on AE. I have never found any problems whatsoever on the LE regarding the racemenu, only that on the AE version it doesn't work, the racemenu remains in the vanilla version with two more empty sections, but in net you can't see any new features or additional mods installed that are based on the racemenu.

Of course I installed SKSE for AE and launch the game from there. I use Vortex.
It's not a problem of bad mod management or hundreds of mods conflicting, I generally install the racemenu at the beginning and it didn't work even with 3 mods installed.

Is it normal that it doesn't work on AE? Maybe they still have to update it well to this version, I don't know, I would like to understand what I can do because this precludes a lot of things for me.

I am only on AE version 1.6.640, haven't 'upgraded' yet, so I may well be wrong...  The files for Racemenu and its supports are VERY picky about having the correct match between the game version, SKSE version, and Racemenu version.  Double- and triple-check your mod list for anything that might be mismatched.  There is a modding.wiki here on the Nexus to aid in locating the proper versions for SKSE-based mods.

https://modding.wiki/en/skyrim/users/skse-plugins

Hmm, it's working fine in my game. 

Have you tried re-downloading and reinstalling RaceMenu?  And do you have the right versions of RaceMenu and SKSE for your game version? 

Assuming you have Steam version of  Skyrim,  if you go to C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim Special Edition,  and mouse over SkyrimSE.exe file, it should tell you the file version.    You most likely have version 1.6.1170.

From SKSE website, be sure to get the latest.   Version 2.2.6 for 1.6.1170,  NOT the GOG version for 1.6.1179.   

Keep in mind: the Description page for Racemenu has not really been updated since like forever (it still says you need SKSE version 2.0.7).   So if it says you do not need anything other than SKSE, that is not so.

Make sure you install latest version of Address Library.

And make sure you get the latest (non GOG) version of Racemenu.  Currently v0-4-19-16

Posted (edited)

Thanks to everyone for the replies, I'll reply to everyone in one post.
I have the Steam version, of SKSE I have installed the latest version for AE which is 2.2.6 (there are no newer versions on the download site, 2.2.7 is not in the AE version), I have installed Address Library AE edition. The version of Racemenu that I installed is the one in the main section, the Anniversary edition V 0 4 19 16.

Game version: 1.6.1170

I wonder, is it the fault of SKSE in AE version which is 2.2.6 and not 2.2.7 as requested by Racemenu?

I've tried reinstalling Racemenu several times but nothing, it still doesn't work.

Edited by Vatanabe

The version 'requested'  by Racemenu on its description page is 2.0.7, not 2.2.7.    That description is outdated.    In the Files section, for c0-4-19-16, it clearly states SKSE64 2.2.6.    

Go to Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE, open file skse64.log.   Make sure  its timestamp is when you ran the game last, and first line shows proper version.     The log should report loading the .dll plugins, see that it loads skee64.dll    properly, i.e.:
plugin skee64.dll (00000001 skee 00000001) loaded correctly (handle 19)    (your handle # will differ)

Are there any errors loading other .dll files?   Any other errors maybe?

In same directory, look for skee64.log   file.    Is it there, what it says?

In your SSE directory, go to Data/SKSE/Plugins,  see what .dll files are there.   Mouse over skee64.dll, check its File Version.   Maybe delete skee64.dll and .ini   and reinstall Racemenu?     

P.S. Just FYI, I am sticking with game version 1.6.1130,  SKSE64   version 2.2.5   and Racemenu version 04-0-19-15.    Works 100% perfectly for me.

44 minutes ago, scorrp10 said:

P.S. Just FYI, I am sticking with game version 1.6.1130,  SKSE64   version 2.2.5   and Racemenu version 04-0-19-15.    Works 100% perfectly for me.

While I'm on game version 1.6.1170, SKSE 2.2.6, RaceMenu 0.4.19.16, and the current Address Library for AE, with no issues with RaceMenu loading.

I'm also using Alternate Start - Live Another Life, which on main menu > New goes straight to character creation in an isolated prison cell.  So aside from AS-LAL itself, RaceMenu is pretty much the first mod doing anything in my game (with Apachii Sky Hair soon after when I go through the hair menu).  My MCMs and such don't load until after character creation.

Edited by AaronOfMpls

I'll update you, I tried them all, I followed your advice, I tried to do the recommended checks but nothing, it still didn't work. Then I closed Vortex, a software update started, a few hours later by chance I returned to the racemenu and everything started working correctly. I have no idea what happened, the only thing I can think of is that the old Vortex update messed up something, which was corrected by the next update. Something like this has never happened to me before, maybe it's because I've been using Vortex for a relatively short period of time, in the past I used NMM. I don't know what happened, but everything works fine now!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vatanabe said:

I don't know what happened, but everything works fine now!

Glad it's working!

And yah, I have no idea either, since I've never used Vortex or NMM at all.  I've been using Mod Organizer with my Bethesda games for a decade.  I use OpenMW's built-in mod manager with Morrowind.  And I haven't heavily modded any other games that need that kind of mod manager.

• Like 1