How to avoid visible animation fidelity loss when exporting with Havok content tools?

Met a strange issue when exporting a 175-frames animation(wpnidleready.hkx). 

As the pics show, former curves are smoother, but after exporting they get distorted. Could anyone tell how to solve this? 

Specs: 3ds max 2013 64x, Havok Content Tools 2014 1r1

With F4AK's F4Animation.hko. I've tried to adjust precision options in "Spline Compression" tab, but it does not work.

20240407162512.thumb.png.23d9e7b98547a5076e12f70398a4e906.png20240407163359.thumb.png.d0d7862976e250ca81e1590863fb2a83.png

Is the second graph an imported animation? Why did he become like this? I have not checked the graphs of the imported animation; when exporting, I use a regular sinusoid graph. The accuracy in the game is always absolute, given that I successfully synchronize the havok and gamebryo objects. It is worth understanding that with spline graphics there is always a default loss of precision, not only for havok animation, but for any animation. After the spline, the animation always has to be adjusted manually. Spline is basically stupid by default.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South8028 said:

Is the second graph an imported animation? Why did he become like this? I have not checked the graphs of the imported animation; when exporting, I use a regular sinusoid graph. The accuracy in the game is always absolute, given that I successfully synchronize the havok and gamebryo objects. It is worth understanding that with spline graphics there is always a default loss of precision, not only for havok animation, but for any animation. After the spline, the animation always has to be adjusted manually. Spline is basically stupid by default.

Thank you for your reply.

The second graph is the later exported animation. Both animations' data are Minigun's wpnidleready.hkx and converted into fbx by exactly the same method. Most other animations are almost losslessly exported. Only several became such blocks, and in game the protagonist shivers like someone infected by malaria.

32 minutes ago, dldrzz000 said:

Thank you for your reply.

The second graph is the later exported animation. Both animations' data are Minigun's wpnidleready.hkx and converted into fbx by exactly the same method. Most other animations are almost losslessly exported. Only several became such blocks, and in game the protagonist shivers like someone infected by malaria.

It's better to completely redo the animation. Weapon animations are probably not difficult. I find that any animation that doesn't involve physical movement of the actor is easier to redo than trying to edit vanilla. From a kinematics point of view, the most complex animation is character movement (gait, running, dancing, etc.). The rest of the animations are easier to do again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, South8028 said:

It's better to completely redo the animation. Weapon animations are probably not difficult. I find that any animation that doesn't involve physical movement of the actor is easier to redo than trying to edit vanilla. From a kinematics point of view, the most complex animation is character movement (gait, running, dancing, etc.). The rest of the animations are easier to do again.

Solved. Tolerance, especially the position one, in Spline Compression must be set as low as possible(I set to 0.000000). I also checked other acceptable annimations exported formerly and found that they've all been distorted a liitle, too. I guess I should re-export all the animations.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dldrzz000 said:

Solved. Tolerance, especially the position one, in Spline Compression must be set as low as possible(I set to 0.000000). I also checked other acceptable annimations exported formerly and found that they've all been distorted a liitle, too. I guess I should re-export all the animations.

0 is a flat line. 🙂