help, question change npc mod body

rodr1ss

Hello, there is a mod that adds a ghost npc, but it is a nord race woman, I would like to change it to have the body of a Wisp Mother, the mod has an esp and a bsa.
I have seen that having the path folder some people can create modifications that can change that, could someone tell me how/what program/where to get that route and change that npc? 

It's called The Woodcutters Wife

I am not familiar with CK because I have never downloaded it, the most I learned to use is zMerge, It is the one that comes in zEdit and I find a multitude of data on that esp, it says nord race, bandit faction and millions of numbers everywhere. I can't figure out what any of that means.
I tried to read something but I don't know where I got lost in what I read and I ended up with many more questions than I had before reading them.

maybe there is another way to find out how to do it? If it were even possible easier for a newbie?

From already thank you very much

Honestly, the Creation Kit is probably easiest for this kind of edit. 

29 minutes ago, rodr1ss said:

I am not familiar with CK because I have never downloaded it

In the Steam client, look in the game list on the left.  In the pulldown at the top, check Software and Tools.  You should then be able to see Skyrim Creation Kit (and probably Skyrim Special Edition: Creation Kit) listed somewhere in that sidebar.  You can download it the same way as the game itself.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2024-04-09_06-30-08.png.abb39b3d45147383e831fd428d0b7eb4.png

Bethesda's Creation Kit wiki is still offline, but UESP still has their own fork of it at ck.uesp.net.  If you want to learn your way around the CK at least a little, it's a good place to start. 

(Myself, I downloaded the CK back in 2012 solely to do the very simple gray-face fix on a mod I'd downloaded.  Within a year or so, I had about 8 mods of my own listed on the Nexus and the Steam Workshop. 😜)

Once you're at least a little comfortable with CK, load the mod in it, and look under Actors > Actor.  Sort by the FormID column, so the mod's NPCs are at the very top or very bottom.  Then you can edit that NPC to change her race to a wispmother -- and make any other needed or wanted changes while you're in there.