Problem loading a custom mesh

I made a separate clean roof from a model in prewar Sanctuary and I cannot choose it as the directory is invalid. Do we need Invalidation in Fallout 4?  I thought we only needed it in Oblivion and Fallout 3?  Or what am I missing? Anything I should add into my config files?

77985963-1713770111.jpg

77985963-1713770182.jpg

77985963-1713770240.jpg

I never really import meshes, primarily just textures, but I have to make sure my texture is in a simple director like Fallout 4/Data/Texture/ModName/NewTexture.

So try putting your mesh is in something like Data/Mesh/ModName/Roof - or something like that.

That would be .\Data\Meshes\ *

Under fallout 4 install dir.

...but I think the .ini settings for reading those 'loose files' is what is missing here.

inside Fallout4Custom.ini add:

[Archive]

binvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Posted (edited)

It was the path that was incorrect. I forgot about placing architecure inside Meshes.  😄

77985963-1713787765.jpg

77985963-1713787969.jpg

Edited by Pellape
  • Like 1

Glad you got that sorted but i gotta ask, how did you get this far in to modding a Beth game without running into the immovable object that is UAC? Couldn't help but notice your file path originates in the Program files folder(x86) of what i assume is a dual operating system install as the root drive is D:. I get installing Steam on a separate drive especially if you have a smaller SSD as the root but if it's not a dual OS install then why recreate Windows file structure on a secondary drive? Personally I side stepped UAC a long time ago by simply installing Steam to my Root directory C:/Steam