⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Bug: "Mod Manager Download" Button Does Not Work for Vortex Extensions

ChemBoy1
Go to solution Solved by insomnious,

When downloading Vortex extensions (like game support) from the browser, if the user selects the "Mod Manager Download" button, the extension will download to Vortex, but fails to install. Clicking the "Install" button in the downloads view does not do anything. The only way to install the extension is to use manual download button and then drag and drop or select from Explorer the zip file. 

• Solution

Hi @ChemBoy1

This happens because when you use the Mod Manager download button for an extension, the ID of the extension you'd like to download is sent and then looked up in the manifest file. If it isn't in the manifest file then Vortex can't download it. It works differently to how regularly download mods work. This is not an ideal UX but it is what we have at the moment until we get a chance to notify better what is happening.

What ones aren't working / what one did you try? It might just have been missed or it just doesn't work well enough yet to be added to the manifest. We may still be going back and forth with the author.

This is one of the reason we are now moderating game extensions until they can be confirmed to work.

Thanks,

insomnious

Thanks for the reply. Pretty much any game support extension that is downloaded directly from the mod page(that is not yet in the manifest). So the extensions I've published in the last few months would be good examples.  The extensions install correctly when being dragged and dropped to Vortex, just seems like the Installation does not initialize when using the "Mod Manger Download" button. The extension does seem to download correctly, just does not advance to the Installation. Clicking the "Install" button appears to have no action. Used the Lies of P extension as an example below since it is not yet added to the manifest.

image.thumb.png.d8bc6539d1aa39f53f1cf2e57764be77.png

I've just checked my end and it's not installing as it's not in the manifest. As I said, it's clunky UX which we are working on.

https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Vortex/issues/15531

Is the issue for Lies of Pi and it is in the queue for a re-check since you have uploaded a new version yesterday. As long as that all passes, we will add it to the manifest.

Thanks

insomnious