New Creation Kit on Steam

Is anyone else having a problem with CK?  I blocked my game from updating but not CK.  A short while ago I tried to go  back into CK having used it just a short while ago and now CK won't launch. Hopefully this is short lived, and I don't have to update my game before I'm ready. 

The only way I was able to solve it was by downloading the FO4 game update.  Nothing worse than a self inflicted wound. 😞

On 4/25/2024 at 9:32 AM, MJS814 said:

Is anyone else having a problem with CK?  I blocked my game from updating but not CK.  A short while ago I tried to go  back into CK having used it just a short while ago and now CK won't launch. Hopefully this is short lived, and I don't have to update my game before I'm ready. 

It should launch regardless. Did you open it through Steam or the shortcut Steam created for it? Verify it's installed in ..\steamapps\common\Fallout 4 then try to open it with CreationKit.exe.

Edit: okay I see you have already fixed it. 🙂  Still, the updated Creation Kit should work..

Edited by LarannKiar

Is there any way to rollback the CK to the previous version?  I need to use F4SE and I don't want to update yet. 

49 minutes ago, iqoniq said:

Is there any way to rollback the CK to the previous version?  I need to use F4SE and I don't want to update yet. 

Here's the depots of Fallout 4: Creation Kit. CK files are stored in two depots. You'll have to download both for the full dev kit (the update contain both as well, it auto downloads the two depots linked to the CK's App ID). Find the earlier manifests (i.e. the earlier versions), and download those. Here's a short tutorial on how to download a depot to another folder, if you'd like to have two environments.

Edited by LarannKiar

12 minutes ago, LarannKiar said:

Find the earlier manifests (i.e. the earlier versions), and download those.

Easier said than done.

54 minutes ago, LarannKiar said:

Haven't tested it but these should be the ones:

download_depot 1946160 1946161 6928748513006443409
download_depot 1946160 1946162 3951536123944501689

Link, link. April 25 2022.

Many, many thanks.  It's back up and running 😀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...