⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Enable or disable AddOnNode.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/Nvvagns4P62zSw

I made a slightly detailed model of ProSnap. ~1000 parts. 😁 For animation of an actor-photographer. I need to implement flush. The flash itself is easy to animate. But I don't know how to disable bsValueNode. So that there is not just a uv animation of GlowMap, but real light. Does anyone have any idea?

Edited by South8028

Unfortunately I've forgotten a lot of things about these but I remember I used ..\Meshes\SetDressing\LightFixtures\WorkshopConstructionLight01.nif as a template. The relevant NetImmerse objects are NiVisController and NiBoolInterpolator. They're under a NiControllerSequence, which can be played with PlayAnimation().

There's an alternative way to send an animation event to the target reference's AnimationGraph, with console command ( RefID.SendAnimEvent sEventName ). Problem is, while it's implemented in code, it doesn't have a Papyrus equivalant (even though it had in Skyrim's Debug script) so one can only use it for quick testing..

Edited by LarannKiar
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, DiodeLadder said:

I might not be thinking this thoroughly, but can you treat the camera as a weapon?  "weaponFire" can trigger a muzzle flash, and that might be something you could use?  

Don't know. The problem is that I didn't make this weapon. I don't know the nuances. I tried using cullBone with a different camera model to show/hide the flash grid. In the end it didn't work and I just animated the flash in sync with the havoc animation using auto loop sequences. I'll try your annotation. Also, it would be possible to hide and show the lights as Chuck suggested, using the NiBoolInterpolator (that is, if I show and hide the AddonNode bone on the visibility track in Dope Sheet)... But I don't know how the engine handles bsValueNode . In principle, you can try to make a camera - a weapon. Take exciting screenshots?

Edited by South8028

Posted (edited)
On 4/27/2024 at 12:20 AM, ChuckYufarley said:

I don't know... Neither method works. Perhaps it was necessary to register animObj on NiStringExtraData and fully animate it. With bones, the animLoop sequence for the glowMap flash works, but the NiVisController doesn't work. I also tried WeaponFire. Probably none of the weapon annotations in animObject are working In general, there is no light.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/E3JUiAbYeum42A

P.S. I checked. NiVisController works with NiStringExtraData. I'll have to redo all the animation for animObj with NiStringExtraData. If there is a Skin modifier, then nothing works except uv animation. I was confused by the fact that AutoPlay sequences work on objects with bones. In fact, the sequences work in this case exclusively with uv animation.

Edited by South8028

1 hour ago, dldrzz000 said:

This is beyond my ken but there are annotations of pipboyLightOff and pipboyLightOn. I guess the pipboy light could be a real light source and it's probably worth a try.

No, the pipboy's light is weak. I need to make a light with lensFlare. Looks very realistic, like a real flash. I have embedded NiVisController in the way specified by DiodLadder. Using the visibility track in Dope Sheet. In vanilla, animObjects with NiStringExtraData lie at coordinates 0,0,0. But I don't know how the bgs artists attached them to the rig. I can only attach objects with NiStringExtraData physically... By placing them in the desired coordinates and animating them along with the actor. It's tiring. So I'll create a separate invisible AnimObject with a bsValueNode with NiStringExtraData and animate it separately from the camera. There will simply be 2 animObj.

In general, I did it. Thanks everyone for the advice. NiVisController works great with meshes and bgs nodes. If someone needs it, you can use the resources as you wish. Later I will make more animations with the camera. I will make a tripod for professional photography. I made this model from a photograph of a real press camera. It seems huge, but in reality these cameras were exactly that gigantic in size.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/ULerqZB8LMe_ow

https://youtu.be/FSvFxj_BjAY?si=DL4A65B8tpW5zr9r

• Like 1