Fo4edit hanging up because of ba2 archives

Anyway the update is making fo4edit unusable, all I wanted to do was find the exact code for a mod item and poof fo4editor doesn't work. Seems I should stick with mods that actually have a way to build an item or go find it in the game world.

Using Fallout4 Data Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\
Using Backup Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\FO4Edit Backups\
Using Scripts Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Tools\FO4Edit 4.1.5\Edit Scripts\
Using Cache Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\FO4Edit Cache\
Using ini: C:\Users\game_pc\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Fallout4.ini
Using custom ini: C:\Users\game_pc\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Fallout4Custom.ini
Using save path: C:\Users\game_pc\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Saves\
Using Creation Club Content list: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Fallout4.ccc
Using plugin list: C:\Users\game_pc\AppData\Local\Fallout4\Plugins.txt
Using settings file: C:\Users\game_pc\AppData\Local\Fallout4\Plugins.fo4viewsettings
Using language: En
Using general string encoding: 1252  (ANSI - Latin I)
Using translatable string encoding: 1252  (ANSI - Latin I)
Using VMAD string encoding: 65001 (UTF-8)
Loading active plugin list: C:\Users\game_pc\AppData\Local\Fallout4\Plugins.txt
[00:00] Background Loader: starting...
[00:00] Background Loader: [Fallout4 - Textures1.ba2] Loading Resources.
[00:00] Background Loader: Fatal: <Exception: Unknown archive version 0x00000007>
[00:02] Background Loader: finished

fallout 4 edit error.txt

Edited by CaptainVictor

If you extract these BA2 files via Archive2.exe into the "Data" folder and then either delete them or move them to another folder, FO4Edit starts. :

Fallout4 - Textures1.ba2
 Fallout4 - Textures2.ba2
 Fallout4 - Textures3.ba2
 Fallout4 - Textures4.ba2
 Fallout4 - Textures5.ba2
 Fallout4 - Textures6.ba2
 Fallout4 - Textures7.ba2
 Fallout4 - Textures8.ba2
 Fallout4 - Textures9.ba2
 DLCRobot - Textures.ba2
 Fallout4 - Interface.ba2
 Fallout4 - Materials.ba2
 Fallout4 - Misc.ba2
 Fallout4 - Shaders.ba2
 Fallout4 - Startup.ba2

In any case, it can be considered as a temporary solution.

It seems they have a test version in discord which has support for the new ba2 version. 

https://github.com/TES5Edit/TES5Edit/issues/1322

The BA2 version of some archives was updated with the NG release. As always we have updated builds on Discord. Currently we have an 4.1.5e test build in the #feedback channel for testing posted 4/25/2024. It is currently the most recent pinned message in that channel. We also hope to have an 4.1.5f build with additional updates posted soon to both GitHub and NexusMods for those who can't or won't go to Discord.