Could anyone make a patch for SE-01 Power Amor?

Coudl anyone make a patch for 

This

IronMan Jetpack at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

to work with this:

SE-01 Power Armor at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Or +,...make a patch so the 50% fusion core reduction use with tempered Steel Armor works?

I cannot get a hold of either author. BGD00 has disallowed forum posts and locked down his message box.

I like the SE-01 and would love to be able to use it again, but if all other armors can use this mod (and some other PA mods too) and SE-01 cant, then I cant leave those capabilities on the table.

Fellas I am real desperate here.

I really want to start playing with SE-01 again but it just doesnt take the same buffs the other armors take.

I dont know if it was this mod.

Armorsmith Extended at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

That added an extra misc improvements category to each of my Power Armor mods.

And as a result they take  "Experimental Shielding" which is a strong buff if u have both Levle 4 armorer and Science and lots of resources ( I am late game and so i have both)

( and its not this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6982 )

Crazy thing is I can also not ID which mod even Esperimental Shiedling is from !!! aargh.

I went with my fine tooth comb thru my loaded mods searching for anything with power or armor in the title.

If the mod has a misl item when removed you can drop it on the ground and open the console and select it. If you don't have better console you will have to trace the first two digits of the form id to the corresponding mod in your load order. Hopefully you use F4SE and Better Console in which case when selecting the item it will tell you the esp/esm of origin, the last esp to modify that reference and the last esp to modify the base object. Very useful info.

• Like 1

Right my now T51F full buffed with this extra category has approx 10% better defense stats that the SE-01 F, that accepts no buffs, PLUS the T51F has the jetpack in the legs on top of that, whereas if I want jetpack in SE-01 i have to install that contraption in the back which would make me lose the "medic" fucntion  (aaand which has wrong thrust geometry anyway and would make me do somersaults when real world activated and i just cant unthink that).

I know, First World problems, right? A little obsessive? Maybe.

But I want to play immersive as if this was all real so I want to give my myself and my Minuteman NPCs the gear that makes sense.

And the thick legs of the SE-01 seem perfect for the leg based ironman jetpack mod.

Plus the T51 accepts paintjob which can either add more buff (T51 Army paint) or look very good and immersive ("Flecktarn Paint")

I want to use the SE-01 because its such a polished and real looking assembly as my standard minuteman PA but I cant when its nerfed even vs the humble T51. The SE-01 was originally positioned between T60 and X-01 (which is appropriate given its modern apperance), but since all the other armors can accept these buffs and features the SE-01 is locked out of; its now positioned between T45 and T51 and that just feels too odd for such a modern looking kit (and doesnt even account for the inability to fly via the legs which even my humble T45s can do now)

I really want to use this armor since it looks so good (except for the overwide pauldrons, but that can be explained away by the explicit SE-01 lore, that the armor was made in a skunkworks and after the engineers left finished by a single Sergeant rather than an engineer who was limited to his own skills and resource present.)

If I could get either the extra misc category to "hook" to use the available buffs to bring the SE-01 back to between T60 and X-01,  or get the ironman leg rockets to "hook", oooor, the 50% fusion core use reduction to actually work with tempered Steel skin (even w/o the buffs, because that would be a huge logistical advantage and a buff all its own), then I could issue this armor out enmasse to my minutemen. If I could just get one of those 3 things patched i could justify going back to SE-01.

156746938-1692069524.jpg

Minutemen Ground Domination Patrol in the Glowing Sea to disrupt and deny Atom's Storm Forces:

156746938-1687458017.jpg

So I think it is ArmorSmith Extended to adds the extra misc category to my Power Armors but does not "hook into" SE-01, which is one of the reasons the Vanilla Armors have a "leg up" in mods on SE-01

Armorsmith Extended at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

This buff does not use up the misc slot as its justa  paint but one that acts like a coating that buffs:

Power Armor - US Army Paint at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Update:

So I did some more experimenting.

I built a jetpack on a SE-01 and it was invisble.

Low and behold the jet effect was coming out of the legs as the IRONMAN mod intended once i had a jetpack built.

However further testing revealed that unlike the Vanilla T series, etc armors I needed not just to build the jetpack but have the perks (4 Sci, 4 Armorer) to build it ,whereas the vanilla armors all spawned with jetpacks in the legs from the get go at any level.

So while I have to use up the torso mod slot for this (unlike with the other armors) it is a minor inconvenience. I do not use the other one, auto-medic , all that often at all.

Now all I now need is the power consumption fixed, I went and tested it again with both the .esl and .esp files but no luck consumption same as Vanilla.

You really should transition away from Armorsmith extended because it requires a sorely outdated and abandoned keyword overhaul that causes serious compatibility issues. I use Equipment and Crafting Overhaul(ECO) Redux as an alternative and it has WAY more options for customizing weapons and armor and it doesn't require a patch for every single mod in your load order.

9 hours ago, worm82075 said:

You really should transition away from Armorsmith extended because it requires a sorely outdated and abandoned keyword overhaul that causes serious compatibility issues. I use Equipment and Crafting Overhaul(ECO) Redux as an alternative and it has WAY more options for customizing weapons and armor and it doesn't require a patch for every single mod in your load order.

I used ECO before.

never really saw an Advantage compared to Armorsmith extended.

Maybe this is my nudge to try how it works with SE-01 🙂

Would have to be on another playthrough though since i cant yank out AS Ext. w/o bad effects on my savefile.

2 hours ago, 363rdChemicalCompany said:

I used ECO before.

never really saw an Advantage compared to Armorsmith extended.

Maybe this is my nudge to try how it works with SE-01 🙂

Would have to be on another playthrough though since i cant yank out AS Ext. w/o bad effects on my savefile.

Armorsmith requires that PoS AWKCR, so any alternative that doesn't use it, is immediately an improvement imo