SPS Updates and Discusstion

TheOzoneHole

Just glad I could help, especially since my morrowind modding knowledge is limited at best(pretty much what I could glean from looking at others mods and browsing thorough the variables). On the subject of modding knowledge and please just ignore this if you are already familiar with it, I recently found Morrowind Mod Maker's Manual on PES. It contains no tutorials but the author went through and explained every function,setting and possible variable in the construction set, really great piece of reference material and its got links to a whole lot of other morrowind mod sites in the appendix. You need word for it but I believe somebody posted a link to a pdf file in the comments section on PES.

Edit

Oh, a name, I gave away a name...wonder who that might be?

damn it quit teasing us, friday is gonna involve mashing f5 as it is

:biggrin:

I found an entire rar full of tutorials on the Nexus, so that is what I've been using to make the topics and such for the current mods. I think MMMM is in there, I'll have to check. I know I went through the basic scripting tutorial and that didn't have what I needed.

(BTW, the name is going to....no, never mind.) :whistling:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zeldalover; That does help...but I'm not sure with what yet. I don't recall asking about the PC or NPC being dead.

Didn't you mention a prostitute who you only wanted to work for the player when her master was killed? In the dren plantation? :confused:

Zeldalover; That does help...but I'm not sure with what yet. I don't recall asking about the PC or NPC being dead.

Didn't you mention a prostitute who you only wanted to work for the player when her master was killed? In the dren plantation? :confused:

:wink:

I was hoping to have this up in about 10 minutes, but I found a problem with the mod. A pair of problems actually. The first is that the Merchants (and I'm betting the Trainers as well though I've not tested them) are still not refusing to put out the way the should. The other problem is that the merchants don't sell anything (I think that this is because I forgot to add the box with their barter stuff) so I need to fix those bugs real quick.

Also, "Dead" is another conditional. It has a list of almost every NPC in the game (including the player).

Added in dialogue for players with diseases. I've added it as a greeting, so there will be no option of even getting to the "Sex" topic. The way it works is the girl will tell you what type of disease you have, and will force a "Goodbye" the same way they do after you service someone or are serviced by a prostitute. You should get that same response every time.

Once again, I prove to you all how much of a dolt I am. I didn't notice that I'd failed to set the classes of both the Trainers and the Merchants to tozh_Prostitute, rather than Prostitute Merchant and Prostitute Trainer. Dumb de dumb dumb. Testing now.

WHEE the rebuild is out! Barely had a chance to try it out, as i can barely keep awake but i did notice 2 problems. First and most important, whenever you enter an area with a prostitute in it for the first time the game tries to do something with wtsqcon.dds, btsqcom.dds, wtsqexp.dds and not finding them(checked my download while the nif files with hose names exist there is no corresponding dds in the texture folder) that being said the girls still appear in the clothes(or lack of them) that seem to match the screenies you posted earlier and everything else seems to work -you just get a few error messages concerning the files i mentioned and nif files of the same name. Secondly during a quick look in geck(wanted to see what you did for the male pc version) lead me to notice that you got all but one of the male pc interaction set for a male npc so they will never show up in-game, the exception has no npc gender condition. Other than that keep up the good work, cant wait to see what the trainers and merchants do since i haven't had a chance to talk to one yet.

WHEE the rebuild is out! Barely had a chance to try it out, as i can barely keep awake but i did notice 2 problems. First and most important, whenever you enter an area with a prostitute in it for the first time the game tries to do something with wtsqcon.dds, btsqcom.dds, wtsqexp.dds and not finding them(checked my download while the nif files with hose names exist there is no corresponding dds in the texture folder) that being said the girls still appear in the clothes(or lack of them) that seem to match the screenies you posted earlier and everything else seems to work -you just get a few error messages concerning the files i mentioned and nif files of the same name. Secondly during a quick look in geck(wanted to see what you did for the male pc version) lead me to notice that you got all but one of the male pc interaction set for a male npc so they will never show up in-game, the exception has no npc gender condition. Other than that keep up the good work, cant wait to see what the trainers and merchants do since i haven't had a chance to talk to one yet.

Huh, that would expaline some things. Like I said before, I can be a total idiot. I'll fix that and repost it.

I was going to post early this morning, but for some reason the Nexus wasn't working, so I'll post this now:

I've started work on the Farmers and Herders re-build and I'm trying out a new system to work the conditional dialogue. Rather than simply give the dialogue a general, one line "Global:Random100 >= x" conditional, I'm adding two. One is a Random100 >=X and the second is Random100 < Y. This will better define the chances of different "scenes". I'll try adding that into the SPS mod since it seems that I need to make some bug fixes.

...with wtsqcon.dds, btsqcom.dds, wtsqexp.dds and not finding them(checked my download while the nif files with hose names exist there is no corresponding dds in the texture folder) that being said the girls still appear in the clothes(or lack of them)...

Next time it happens take a screenshot and post it on the page (since I have to verify it I'll see it first).

I can not find the btsqcom.dds at all. I even went back and checked my download of the main file I got the stuff from and I can't find it in there either. I've run a serch on both my hard drive and the My Documents folder and that file simply does not exist on my PC. I'll run MW and see what the errors it pops up with on start up are, if it isn't in there then I'll msg Dereko.

Edit: The other two were in the main file and I just forgot to add them to the rar. My bad.

Edit: Hum, Dereko's inbox is full. I guess I won't be getting answers out of him for a while.

Current plans:

Re-build (in order):

Farmers & Herders (95% done, all that is left is for me to test it)

Warriors (35% done)

Barbarians (the reason this hasn't been working is that it seems I forgot to save the dialogue, gosh can I be dumb)

Modify Nobles to use the new system

*During the rebuilds, support for beast races will be written out. This is not The Lusty Argonian Maid.

Begin work on Oblivion version of SPS:

I have never done dialogue for Oblivion. I have never been able to make anything more than a box using any 3d modeling program. I promise NOTHING. Furthermore, as I've stated before, my copy of Oblivion is temperamental. I am running it on a system that was not designed to handle it even on the lowest settings. My cousin will not help with testing these mods, and my main beta tester has also been having problems with Oblivion. I am sorry, but I will only let the three of us test these mods (not that y'all don't find enough of my mistakes as it is). If there are to many complications with the Oblivion version it will be either: a) broken into multiple pieces and all done separately, or b) abandoned for the time being. I have several ideas for the Morrowind version of SPS that I want to work on, as well as some things for Fallout3 that I've been asked to do.

Morrowind Ideas:

Prostitute functionality will be split into two sections.

1) The "No Sex when sick" should be in as I found that while making the final changes before the first release of the re-build. "No gold, no sex" will come next as will the finishing on the faction. This will be included in re-build version 2. (It will, in fact, be the entire point of the re-build. I have not been able to edit master files, so after SPS is turned into a master, the only way to make changes is to take the esp, modify it and then turn the changed esp into a master file. So once SPS has become a master, I'd prefer changes to be limited. {I'll release an esp first for community testing.})

2) Brothels. Plans currently are for a total of four. (As follows:)

a) Vivec: St. Delyn: The Willing Mouth, reached through a trapdoor in Upper North Two. The "Pampered Pet" in the main room (upper north 2 itself) will serve as the madam for this one. (Pampered Pets do double duty, they either serve as very high class prostitutes or as madams at the factions brothels; unlike the other madams, this one still sells herself to...valued clients.) Meant to be Vivecs "worst kept secret" this will be filled with only a few rooms, (it is a really long ladder, lol) but with mostly high class girls.

b) Unknown: Eager Thighs: (Yes, this is a deliberate reference to the Witcher. More bad jokes and Witcher references to follow.) This will be a larger brothel, only a few high class girls, more middle class workers. I'm thinking of hiding this one in Ald'Ruhn's Manor district. There was another mod that used a large Redoran manor as a brothel, and I liked the look (if not the content).

c) Unknown: Happy Hooker Hotel: Northern area, mostly Dunmer and Nords with a few Bretons. No further details at this time.

d) New Landmass--Dusky Musk Island: Passage will run from Seyda Neen, at 150 gold. This is the large prostitute themed palace I've been talking about.

Edit:

I'm looking over a map of Vvanderfell, and I'm thinking that putting the Eager Thighs in Ald'Ruhn is the best choice. The Willing Mouth will be able to cover the Ascadian Isles, Seyda Neen, Pelagaid, and Dren Plantation. By putting the Eager Thighs in Ald'Ruhn, it can cover The Ashland to the north, the West Gash, and as far south as at least Caldera, possibly Balmora. I'm putting the Happy Hooker Hotel out in the Grazelands. From there it can cover the Grazelands, Sheogorad, and Zafirbel Bay. I'd thought about putting Dusky Musk Island in the Azura's Coast, but the only place for the boat is in Tel Branora, and Tel Branora is hard to reach. Since Molag Mar is controled by the Temple, and Tel Branora is Telvanni (the two groups that are the least fond of prostitution), and between the two of them they have a total of 1 prostitute; putting it there just makes no real sense to me. I think I'm going to stick with the main plan of putting it in the Inner Sea. Since I'd prefer to not make use of an existing island (say off the Bitter Coast) I'm going to go forward with making a totally new landmass.

Future Componets:

Camnonna Tong: ComVlad requested this, so I'll go ahead and try it. Since there are only a limited number of CTs that I know of,

though I know that Orvas Dren is the head of the CT,

there will be some extra conditions added to the dialogue checks.

Slaves: There are plenty of mods that add slaves to the game world, and several non-Argonian and non-Khajiit slaves in the game. My add-on will have dialogue for existing slaves and will add several new slave traders in various locations with slaves for sale. These slaves will be totally new; new faces (possibly new hair I'm not sure how far I want to go with adding stuff), they will have more of the loincloths, and I found some...well, bondage gear is the best way to describe it. I'm taking many ideas from the SSlave Companions (I think I got the name right) mod, which is my personal favorite Morrowind Companion mod, and one of my favorite Morrowind mods. Since my mods are about SEX, the slaves won't be as detailed as the ones in that mod.

Again, this will be a test of some new ideas. I'd like to see multiple paths for sex, since the slaves will be more like the Prostitutes in the main SPS mod, much of the dialogue will be about how the slave services the player rather than how the player services "insert NPC class here".

*Once again, I remind people that this will not have beast race functionality.