SPS Updates and Discusstion

TheOzoneHole

I've been pulling the Barbarian add on off my laptop for a while (had to take a break to deal with family); all the text was there, I guess I simply pulled a boner when I moved it or something. Had an idea that I'm trying to work in, but I'm not going to say what. (Mostly because if it doesn't work I don't want people to be disappointed, and I love to spring things on you guys that I think you'll like.) I won't be needing the files, but thanks for offering.

I had actually planned on re-making the Guard Sex mod somewhere down the line, but I just haven't wanted to mess around with the bounty stuff. As you say, galgat's mod isn't to everyones tastes, mine included, so I don't play with it active. One thing I'd planned on doing when I remade it, and I might just merge the two mods togeather, now that I think about it, is to up the "Death Penalty" bounty from 5k to either 10 or 15 thousand. I got really annoyed by that low level and it cost me several saved games due to committing the crimes, saving and then being informed of the fact that the guards were going to kill me on sight. I think being forced to serve as a sex slave (as an option) is kinda cool, and more enjoyable than loosing skills in a mine or whatnot. Having to work off the bounty with your body...well, it isn't going to be easy, but I won't make it take super long, the real trick is pulling it off. Don't expect to see it for a while, I'm mostly still thinking about it, and I don't really have the scripting skills to do it. I've got so much other stuff to work on that it isn't really high on the list.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm well if and when you do give it a shot the scripts are actually not as complex as one might think. I use a version of guard sex that was slightly modified by the same modder who made "for love or money" and the scripts for that are surprisingly simple

BEGIN guard_f*#@60

; fine reduced when player f*#@s with guard.

Long fine

Long temp

set fine to GetPCCrimelevel

set temp to Random, 30

set temp to ((fine * temp) / 50)

set fine to (fine - temp)

if (fine < 0)

set fine to 0

endif

setPCCrimelevel, fine

messagebox "Fine reduced to %.0f!", fine

(removed the end of the script since that's just the disease chances which look similar if not identical to yours)

The only things that change is that some of the interactions modify the number in "set temp to Random, 30" and if some of your stats are high enough you get an interaction the script of which just sets PcCrimeLevel to 0. Mind you, you do need to alter some of the greetings to get the option to do the deed when surrendering to the guards but thats jsut handled like normal dialogue

Hmm well if and when you do give it a shot the scripts are actually not as complex as one might think. I use a version of guard sex that was slightly modified by the same modder who made "for love or money" and the scripts for that are surprisingly simple

BEGIN guard_f*#@60

; fine reduced when player f*#@s with guard.

Long fine

Long temp

set fine to GetPCCrimelevel

set temp to Random, 30

set temp to ((fine * temp) / 50)

set fine to (fine - temp)

if (fine < 0)

set fine to 0

endif

setPCCrimelevel, fine

messagebox "Fine reduced to %.0f!", fine

(removed the end of the script since that's just the disease chances which look similar if not identical to yours)

The only things that change is that some of the interactions modify the number in "set temp to Random, 30" and if some of your stats are high enough you get an interaction the script of which just sets PcCrimeLevel to 0. Mind you, you do need to alter some of the greetings to get the option to do the deed when surrendering to the guards but thats jsut handled like normal dialogue

Interesting. I'm going to finish the Barbarian add-on when I'm done posting, and then test the three add-ons. Hopefully I won't find problems (yeah right, who the heck do I think I'm kidding), so those should be posted by Teusday (what with the long weekend I've been informed that painting WILL be done, and we've already put up the primer, so I'll be painting whether I want to or not :verymad: ). I'll try and start on the Oblivion version tonight, but I don't think I'll get to it. Since those bounty scripts arn't as hard as I was thinking I'll take a look through all of them and try out some basic ones. I'll consider merging the ideas into the SPS Slaves add-on.

Progress/Upcomming:

SPS Re-Build: Done

SPS Warriors RB: Done

SPS Farmers RB: Done

SPS Barbarians RB: Done

SPS Oblivion: Not Started*

SPS Camnona Tong: Not Started

SPS Slaves: Not Started

SPS Guard Sex (Possibly Merged with SPS Slaves): Not Started

SPS Mages Guild: Not Started

SPS Priests/Imperial Cult/Tribunal Temple: Not Started

SPS Fallout 3: Not Started*

* I will start new forum posts on the Oblivion and Fallout 3 forums for these.

The thing with "working off your bounty with your body," that is where I'm really concerned about the scripting. I'll have to set up some type of counter system that can tell the difference between different bounty levels. I'm thinking that at 5000 gold (where the original death penalty level was) is where the new option should begin. Before that, up to say 3500, you have the option to engage in procreative acts for a reduced fine.

Hmm I am going to assume that "ban me" is the forums censoring system kicking in. Anyway as for the counter that actually doesn't require a new script at all since the game treats PCCrimeLevel as equal to the current fine. The existing "you've earned a death sentence..." greeting has only one condition "PC Crime Level >= 5000" now the bigger problem is that you have to edit a crap load of greetings to add the "offer to" line :verymad:. I also haven't got the faintest clue on how to set it up to forward time in case you wanted to add that, actually any effect from the standard jail sentence you wanted to transplant is a mystery since the toolset just has a "gotojail" result and thats it, couldn't fine a script or effect with that title either.

Also very happy to hear about the possible Tuesday release, here is hoping the painting isn't too much of a pain.

Edit: The death sentence also has class: guard set up as a condition, so its not just the fine level

Hmm I am going to assume that "ban me" is the forums censoring system kicking in. Anyway as for the counter that actually doesn't require a new script at all since the game treats PCCrimeLevel as equal to the current fine. The existing "you've earned a death sentence..." greeting has only one condition "PC Crime Level >= 5000" now the bigger problem is that you have to edit a crap load of greetings to add the "offer to" line :verymad:. I also haven't got the faintest clue on how to set it up to forward time in case you wanted to add that, actually any effect from the standard jail sentence you wanted to transplant is a mystery since the toolset just has a "gotojail" result and thats it, couldn't fine a script or effect with that title either.

Also very happy to hear about the possible Tuesday release, here is hoping the painting isn't too much of a pain.

Edit: The death sentence also has class: guard set up as a condition, so its not just the fine level

Yeah, that "ban me" kicks in on some strange things, cuz I didn't use the f-word. I fixed it so it reads what I mean w/o the freaking censorship.

Changing the crime level isn't that big a deal, nor is the greetings, I simply make a new greeting that overrides the other ones. I finished Barbarians, I've written out beast races for all three and written in disease dialogue so the player can't "EiPA (pronounced: E-pa)" while sick. All that is left is the testing. Don't know if I'm going to do that tonight or not, kinda late and I have to get up early for the painting. It really isn't that big a deal, but we're doing two coats and I don't know how fast the stuff dries. The primer dried rather quick, but the paint might not. At least we don't have to move much of the furniture and stuff like we did last time. Posted a new link on the mod page in case you didn't see it.

Edit: Ha, gottcha! Done, tested, cleaned and released, all in one night.

Progress/Upcomming:

SPS Re-Build: Done

SPS Warriors RB: Done

SPS Farmers RB: Done

SPS Barbarians RB: Done

SPS Oblivion: Not Started*

SPS Camnona Tong: Not Started

SPS Slaves: Not Started

SPS Guard Sex (Possibly Merged with SPS Slaves): Not Started

SPS Mages Guild: Not Started

SPS Priests/Imperial Cult/Tribunal Temple: Not Started

SPS Fallout 3: Not Started*

* I will start new forum posts on the Oblivion and Fallout 3 forums for these.

The thing with "working off your bounty with your body," that is where I'm really concerned about the scripting. I'll have to set up some type of counter system that can tell the difference between different bounty levels. I'm thinking that at 5000 gold (where the original death penalty level was) is where the new option should begin. Before that, up to say 3500, you have the option to engage in procreative acts for a reduced fine.

Thanks to Buddah I've found a tutorial for Oblivion dialogue ( I should have thought to look on the Oblivion CS wiki, but as they haven't been very helpful in the past I didn't bother ). I'll start reading that and working, a bit, on the Oblivion version of SPS. However, I am going to go ahead and start on the Camnona Tong SPS add-on. The way I see it, the more dialogue I've got written, the more I can add to Oblivion without having to re-write stuff or come up with stuff that is majorly different from Morrowind. I'm also going to look at the Morrowind Guard Sex mod scripts and see if I can simply adapt them to work with the SPS scripts. I have looked through the latest version ( v. 9) of Morrowind Scripting for Dummies, and while it wasn't as helpful as I'd hoped, I have msged one of the authors with a scripting question. I'm hoping he/she will get back to me soon, but I don't know how often he/she comes on here or if they even bother to reply to people asking questions; or even if they know how to do what I'm asking.

o_O The Camnona Tong add-on will require that you have the SPS re-build! This is because there is a character in the re-build who is featured in the Camnona Tong add-on. That character was added when I was still planning on making the re-build a master file and was not removed when those plans changed! o_O

I'm working on making the edits I want done with some of the stuff for the Slaves mod, but that is all in blender and nifscope for now, not in the CS. Some of it is going better than other bits, so that will take some time. I found some pieces of the mods by "Andy" (the guy who made the bondage gear I want to use) on GVZ, and since it was posted just after AGM went down I'm guessing he doesn't mind people re-posting his stuff. (And there was that line about it being made for other modders to use.) I'm not going to cut and past though, mostly because, as I said before, his dialogue kills the game and the very high fps his mod generates. The slave dialogue will work with any mod that adds slaves and will use the S E X topic the same as the prostitutes in the SPS re-build. I'm going to try something new with the slaves; that being, I'll use the topic, but the result will be a list of choices (I am not going to bother trying to list them here as the censor will no doubt kick in and simply get people confused). From some of the choices the dialogue will then use the same random chance system that SPS currently utilizes. Some of the options will not have multiple outcomes, an example being the "Erotic Massage" will have different dialogues for males and females, but it plays out the same way each time; but the more...groin focused...topics will have multiple dialogues. SPS Slaves will be the most complex and advanced add-on to be released so far. I do not really for see any of the other SPS add-ons except the version 2 of the main SPS re-build taking on this level of complexity. If the multiple choice options work then I might try using it again. There are several reasons why Slaves will be so complicated; 1) if the slaves can't follow you home and then stay there, they really are nothing more than prostitutes in chains. Kinda pointless that way, so I'm making them full companions, I'll mostlikely use Grumpy's companion scripts for that, which I've got (Thanks Emma!), but I need to read them first. 2) I have to set up the slave merchants, but the places for that are limited, both due to existing mods that I don't want to conflict with, and game lore. (Despite what some people might think of these mods I am trying to keep them lore correct. Not because I'm one of the people who refuses to use non-lore correct mods, but because I think it is more fun if the stuff works logicly within the lore framework set up by bethsoft and the community.

Since the slave merchants need to have at least some of their "stock" on display, that takes up some space. Also, many of the western counties of Vvanderfell aren't all that fond of the slave trade, so most of the merchants will be in the eastern half (read: Telvanni & Temple half) of Vvanderfell. 3) I hate, Hate, HATE the default faces that come with morrowind. So I need to find some faces for the slaves. I'll probably just use the ones that I did for the SPS re-build, with a few more added. I'll also post links to some face and hair replacers, and simply tell people that if they want the slaves to look right to download those mods. 4) The default "slave bracers" work find for the in-game slaves, but I want to add that slave/bdsm gear, so that means a new merchant(s) for that stuff.

Edit: No, I won't be merging Slaves and Guard Sex. I've decided not to do that just to keep my life simple.