ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Ini causing crash on start up.

Alright so I just re-downloaded FO4 after a long break.  I'm still on the pre Next Gen version and have blocked updates.  Have all Mods disable.  Game starts fine either through Loader or F4SE.  That is until any changes occur in the custom.ini.  As soon as anything none default is in it the game freezes instantly on a black screen.  Delete the ini's and starts fine again.  The instant Archive Invalidation is added eternal black screen.  I have disabled all the mods so it isn't one of them trying to start causing it.  I've removed any kind of UI files.  It's not the video either since it never gets that far.  I'm at a complete loss at this point.  Any ideas?

Hi! Of course, I didn't understand much from your message. What I'm saying is that you haven't provided any specific information to try to understand why the game is behaving this way. Could you show me what exactly is written in the ini files that your game cannot launch with?

At the moment I only have one idea. Namely, prohibit making changes to ini files. That is, set the “read-only” flag for them.

31 minutes ago, dumbkoala said:

At the moment I only have one idea. Namely, prohibit making changes to ini files. That is, set the “read-only” flag for them.

That is not an option if you want to play with mods. You are not wrong about needing more info though.

Where is your game installed?

How did you roll the update back?

Where is the ini you are editing located?

What exactly are the edits you are making?

Does this occur with ZERO mods enabled?