ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Fallout 4 CTD help

I started getting a full crash to desktop error or whatever you want to call it, I've disabled every mod except the one's I need to start the game. I've spent about 6-7 hour's working on the problem but I've run out of both idea's and time. I'm really hoping someone here as some idea as to what I've broken and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for any help. 🙂

From what I've been able to gather this files (loose file?) is the problem (Textures\Blood\FXBloodFlare.dds).

I have been unable to locate these files so I'm not sure if they are missing and have dependencies or are just corrupt and I can't locate them. 

All of these issue started when I download this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11213?tab=description 

I failed to do my due due diligence and research the mod before I download it. I'm not 100% that this mod is responsible but it's the most likely candidate

Enabled Mods:

Buffout 4

Address Library 

Fallout 4 script extender (f4SE)

Hud Framework 1.0f

The rest of the mods/plugins are disabled, more information on attached file Buffout crash report.

System specs: 

System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 5/9/2024, 00:29:03
             Machine name: DIETRICH-PC
               Machine Id: {0A259759-DD5B-43C6-AB33-09864C1A5DCA}
         Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22631) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
             System Model: Stealth GS77 12UHS
                     BIOS: E17P1IMS.10A (type: UEFI)
                Processor: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900H (20 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
                   Memory: 65536MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 65236MB RAM
                Page File: 42924MB used, 26408MB available
   Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Laptop GPU
        Manufacturer: NVIDIA
           Chip type: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Laptop GPU
            DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Type: Full Device

Buffout 4 crash reports:

:\Repos\f4se\Buffout4\src\main.cpp(70): [info] Buffout4 v1.28.6
E:\Repos\f4se\Buffout4\src\Warnings\CreateTexture2DWarning.cpp(162): [critical] A call to ID3D11Device::CreateTexture2D failed with error code 0x887A0005. This will crash the game.
This error originates from: "Textures\Blood\FXBloodFlare.dds"

crash-2024-05-09-05-04-44.log

No I'm not, and even removing my texture and meshes folders I'm still getting the same error.  At this point I'm pretty sure my fallout4-startup BSA is corrupted. Normally this would be a quick fix and I would just delete then validate my game files through steam. But I can't because it will push that new Bethesda update through. Does anyone know a way I can download just the fallout4-startup BSA?

Posted (edited)

Considering Buffout is dependent on F4SE... 

...and considering F4SE isn't finished being updated yet... yea they do have their most stable release... so far... But they have also stated that other Mods will likely still have problems and will still crash, and if any do... then F4SE will need MORE work...

Then it sounds like to me, Buffout's not playing nice with F4SE... and either one or both, still need more work.

Though I'm not sure how it relates to the FXBloodflare.dds file... 

Edited by cjc75

Haha man I'm so confused, I've now replace all of the base game files and the Automatron files with my backups. My backups are completely unmodified and I made them before Bethesda's latest patch. I shouldn't be having any issues. 

You couldn't pay me to use Buffout 4. It's one of the most unstable engine tweaks ever made and has been plagued with user complaints going all the way back to the beginning of it's over 15k comments. This latest update has very little to do with it's problems. That being said don't attempt to replace only the files you think were updated, just replace them ALL.