Textures into ba2 files - some questions

So I'm just packing up some of my loose textures into ba2 files (for efficiency, not because I'm a habitual tinkerer, I swear 😄), and it's all going generally well, until I tried packing the textures for this mod.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/66606

All my textures for this mod are purple (but show fine in bodyslide and outfit studio).  I've double checked file paths, and redone it, same result.  I'm wondering could it be because the textures folder for this contains some cubemaps, which I'm lead to believe can be touchy.

Also, an additional question, if I have downloaded some stuff I don't use, say a clothing pack (i'll probably use some at some point in some playthrough), which contains a bunch of loose textures, is it worth archiving them now?  Is there any efficiency to be gained from packing loose textures that aren't being used?

Cheers!

Textures in archive must also use a dummy plugin because the engine search for plugins not the ba2, if the engine see a plugin it will load the archive with the same name like

• myplugin.esp
  • myplugin - textures.ba2

In this case use xedit to create an empty esp plugin with just the flag esl in header