Wetness materials?

xlghostlx

Where do i edit  wetness materials to make some outfits react to rain??

Here an example: In the first pic clear weather:

20240511182952-1.jpg

Then start raining and the jeans get wet but not the sweater so i wanted to edit:

20240511183046-1.jpg

20240511183111-1.jpg

This probably isn't going to be helpful but I've been editing some flora meshes recently and noticed a wetness material listed in the header string array(indexed node names) but unlike the texture material which is assigned as the node name of the texture set, the wetness material is not assigned to a specific node, it's just present in the header string array. i don't know if this is a remnant of a previous attempt add wetness to flora leaves that was abandoned or if this is the actual mechanic the engine uses to assign the wetness fx.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, worm82075 said:

This probably isn't going to be helpful but I've been editing some flora meshes recently and noticed a wetness material listed in the header string array(indexed node names) but unlike the texture material which is assigned as the node name of the texture set, the wetness material is not assigned to a specific node, it's just present in the header string array. i don't know if this is a remnant of a previous attempt add wetness to flora leaves that was abandoned or if this is the actual mechanic the engine uses to assign the wetness fx.

Thank you i'll have to investigate more so! I hope someone knows how to do anyway

Isn't wetness controlled with separate materials? Usually if the path to this material is missing in the BGSM, the items don't get wetness effect. When you open the BGSM, under Material tab it is found just below the wet settings, it's called Root Material Path. For example for armor is used template/ArmorTemplate_Wet.bgsm. You can find the rest of the wetness materials inside Fallout4 - Materials.ba2,  in the Template sub-folder, as in the example they have _Wet at the end of the name.

If you did something outside of the documented procedure please share as it may help someone else in the future. If it was an honest mistake on your part then no need to comment. Either way, I'm glad you got it sorted.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2024 at 4:47 PM, robotized said:

Isn't wetness controlled with separate materials? Usually if the path to this material is missing in the BGSM, the items don't get wetness effect. When you open the BGSM, under Material tab it is found just below the wet settings, it's called Root Material Path. For example for armor is used template/ArmorTemplate_Wet.bgsm. You can find the rest of the wetness materials inside Fallout4 - Materials.ba2,  in the Template sub-folder, as in the example they have _Wet at the end of the name.

This separate file is I believe a global parameter since if you change something to it, it will apply it to every material that uses it as a template

6 hours ago, Ceqatre said:

This separate file is I believe a global parameter since if you change something to it, it will apply it to every material that uses it as a template

Well, yes, I figure it's like this, considering the example(template/ArmorTemplate_Wet.bgsm) is used for a lot of armors in the game. But I didn't mention the wetness templates with the suggestion to edit them. Rather to use one of the templates and not mess around with settings.