I need help with texture flickering

It is as the title says, things seemed fine for a while with no texture flickering until i got closer to diamond city and i got close to hangman's alley and it's surrounding buildings/areas then i got major flickering to the point where it would be unplayable. I know this to be a problem with previsibines due to incompatibilities, load order, not having the right patches, might be missing some stuff but that is what i can remember. I have tried my best with changing the load order but it seems to be right with prp related stuff close to if not at the end of the load order with patches for prp version 69, i do use older versions of mods due to the latest updates to the game breaking things. I have tried disabling mods most likely to cause these kinds of problems like those that add new locations and changing the load order but to no avail. I am at my wits end trying to fix it and would like the help of those with more experience and perhaps more qualified than me to help out. I have my load order attached for more info, it is a little hefty with almost 600 plugins, but in any case please feel free to ask questions for more additional info if needed.

loadorder.txt

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you need 74.8 of PRP to work with the NextGen Update.

Version 69 is for 1.10.163.

Added:  It's why we need the details (which you provided).

You have all the CC content of the Next Gen update - and you've said you have kept PRP at 69.

Edited by fraquar

To clarify even more The PRP version is dependent on the version of Fallout4.esm not Fallout4.exe so if you are using the mod that allows you to run the old exe with the new esm then yes you are using the wrong PRP version.

kinda forgot about this thread but I had managed to figure out what was causing the problems which were the hangman alley interior apartments and the diamond city expansion mods, but now I have encountered other problems surrounding tenpines bluff with some vegetation and trees flickering; to comment on some of the replies here i have downgraded my game to pre next-gen update as a good portion of the mods i use rely on the downgraded versions of the game so for the current version of the game im running prp 69 is correct

Since you got the right files then it's just a matter of load order. You will have to experiment moving them around.

I can't stand flickering or pop-in and this is not advice but me personally, I spent 3 weeks trying to fix this issue and ultimately decided that the 20-30 FPS gain wasn't worth the persistent flickering. I purged ANY mod that intentionally broke pre-combines and stopped trying to repair them wit PRP. I use a settlement expansion that DISABLES them in ALL settlement cells. My FPS dips down as low as 20-35 FPS in the biggest problem areas like Sanctuary and Boston Airport but at least there is no flickering. I can live with that.

Edit: Might be note worthy that i am running the game on AMD's 2011 flagship processor the AMD Phenom II x6, an AMD RX570 8gb, 16 GB of 1600mb DDR3 and a SATA 2 HDD with ultra settings(no HD text)in 1080p locked at 60FPS. I get a solid 60 pretty much every where outside of downtown Boston and avg about 40 in most settlements after being extensively built up. Anyone with a computer only 5 years old or younger should be able to muscle their way to a solid unwavering 60fps under these conditions.