Face Presets isn't working

So I downloaded Fallout 4 once again, and I tried to download all my mods including face presets, but every time I run the game and start a new game, the "Preset" option is in gray, and it even doesn't let me save any kind of face I made in the game. I tried to uninstall it and download it again and nothing, downloading a new preset and nothing, deleting the old presets and nothing, downloading the F4SE and nothing. Is this a problem related to the new updates by Bethesda and this being one of the mods that actually "broke"? If that isn't the case, how do I fix this?

Could be a folder permissions issue.  Where does FO4 save those presets?  Make sure it's saving someplace Windows isn't restricting write access.

(Also, if you're looking for the FO4 forums here: Go to the top of any forum page > Game Communities > Fallout 4, and click on Join Community to post there.)

On 5/19/2024 at 6:33 AM, DanyMoon4000 said:

Is this a problem related to the new updates by Bethesda and this being one of the mods that actually "broke"?

This is the problem. Looksmenu needs to be updated.

Posted (edited)

It sounds like you're encountering an issue with face presets in Fallout 4, and it's possible that this could be related to updates made by Bethesda or conflicts with certain mods. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. **Check for Mod Conflicts:** Sometimes, mods can conflict with each other and cause unexpected behavior. Try disabling all mods except for the ones necessary for face presets and see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, gradually re-enable mods one by one to identify the culprit.

2. **Update Mods:** Make sure all your mods, including face preset mods, are up to date. Mod authors often release updates to address compatibility issues and bugs.

3. **Load Order:** Ensure that your mods are loaded in the correct order. Use a mod manager tool like Nexus Mod Manager or Mod Organizer to manage your load order and resolve conflicts. DGCustomerFirst com

4. **Verify Game Files:** Use the Steam or Bethesda launcher to verify the integrity of your game files. Sometimes, corrupted game files can cause issues with mods.

5. **Check Mod Requirements:** Ensure that you have installed any required dependencies or compatibility patches for your face preset mods. Some mods may require specific prerequisites to function correctly.

6. **Clean Save:** If you've been using mods for a while, it's possible that your save file is corrupted. Try starting a new game with only the essential mods enabled to see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, you may need to create a clean save and gradually reintroduce your mods.

7. **Mod Support Forums:** Visit the forums or discussion pages for the specific face preset mod you're using. Other users may have encountered similar issues and found solutions or workarounds.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's possible that the problem is indeed related to recent updates by Bethesda or compatibility issues with certain mods. In that case, you may need to wait for mod authors to release updates or patches addressing the issue, or consider alternative mods with better compatibility.

Edited by Hinaries

I am having the same issue.   I read somewhere in these forums about the location the preset folder is in:  Mine is in E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE

I location the other forum mentioned was:  E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE

Does this matter?  

On 5/27/2024 at 9:09 PM, JasonCantrall said:

I am having the same issue.   I read somewhere in these forums about the location the preset folder is in:  Mine is in E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE

I location the other forum mentioned was:  E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE

Does this matter?  

I am having the exact same issue my presets are saved in E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE also. I cannot create a new preset and save.

The preset option in looksmenu is not available.

After the update I waited about 2 weeks and completely deleted FO4 and made a fresh down load,

UPDATE: Just went to Exired's web page and he posted 3 days ago that an update  is in the works and should be out soon, So I will just wait and let Expired do his magic.