Nexus Mods App - v0.5.2 Alpha Build

We're continuing to make great progress on the Nexus Mods App. Since our last update, we've added new features, improved the UI, and squashed even more bugs. Here's a rundown of what's changed in 0.5.0, 0.5.1 and 0.5.2!

Stardew Valley Support -  Alpha Release!
We've been gathering feedback from modders about how we can best support Stardew Valley for the last few weeks, and now we're ready to release an alpha version for you to try out!

The Nexus Mods App is available as an alpha pre-release on Windows or Linux and includes these features:

• Install mods for Stardew Valley on Steam and GOG (Xbox Game Pass support is coming later).
  • Log in to your Nexus Mods account and download mods directly from the website.
  • Cleanly enable and disable mods in your loadout.
  • Easily roll your game to a non-modded state by un-managing the game or uninstalling the app. 
  • Get diagnostic information about common issues in your load order, including:
  • Missing dependencies
  • SMAPI or game version issues
  • Potentially dangerous mod installed (XNB edits)
  • In-app editing of config files (e.g. config.json)

image.thumb.png.1a90815748b30a5bd7657da1a0957f5c.png

You can read more about the alpha release and how to get it here. Please keep in mind that this is a very early release and isn't intended to be your daily driver, but we'd love your feedback on what we have so far! 

Built-in text editor
You can now configure text-based settings files directly in the App. The text editor includes syntax highlighting for a load of common modding formats (JSON/YAML/XML) and even allows you to customise the theme of these highlights with 16 different editor themes. 

image.thumb.png.179af010216c15a003ebf895d49fe297.png

New Prettified Downloads Page
Who doesn't love graphs? We've added a snazzy line graph to track the combined bandwidth of all your active downloads and a new "Completed" section to allow you to quickly jump to your Mod Library for mods that are ready to be added to the loadout.

b59e869446acf19adcb518899aa2ce43.thumb.webp.8d3665bf9a7a5bbae69ff9a53df87ec1.webp

Buttons, Toggles, and Menus… oh my!
The overhauled settings page is here. You can now tweak all the different settings available in the app from one place. 

image.thumb.png.cf13da1e50e82fc2a825103971b72e4d.png

Other changes

• Mod Library - Each game now has a library which shows all downloaded mods so you can easily add them to your load-outs. 
  • Startup message - A message has been added on first loading the app to inform users of the current app status and where to get support. You can view this again by clicking the help icon at the top of the app. 
  • Right-click panels and tabs - You can right-click on menu items to open the page in a new tab or panel (rather than replacing the current view). 
  • Unread Badges - A count of new diagnostics messages or mods added to the library will show in the left menu until you open that page. 
  • Cleaner Loadout View - Game files and overrides are no longer shown in the mods list by default. 
  • Unmanaging games - You can now un-manage a game and revert the game back to an unmodded state. 
  • Uninstaller - The app now features an uninstaller on Windows and Linux to allow you to fully remove it from your system. 
  • Backend database change - A lot of our recent work has been moving the back end of the app to Mnemonic DB. This comes with a load of performance improvements and makes the app easier to build on. 
  • Single Loadout - For the alpha build, we've limited users to one loadout per game while we refine the UI. 
  • Unsupported games removed - We've hidden any games we don't fully support yet from the UI.
  • No Command Window - The app won't open a command prompt window on startup for Windows users.
  • Telemetry enabled - We're not collecting usage statistics to help us improve the app. 

For a full list of changes, please check out the "Changelog" tab inside the app or view it on GitHub here

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Jkozyk said:

im new to linux and cant find the file directory to update to the nest version.

To update you'll need to completely uninstall the version you have (including all mods). Then install the latest version fresh. 

https://nexus-mods.github.io/NexusMods.App/users/Uninstall/

that's why i need to find the file directory for installed mods, the new version  requires  a clean slate. the uninstall helper might as well be Greek because it assumes an understanding of the file directory. i cant see  an option to delete mods from the app. i should have been more descriptive in my first post sorry

18 minutes ago, Jkozyk said:

that's why i need to find the file directory for installed mods, the new version  requires  a clean slate. the uninstall helper might as well be Greek because it assumes an understanding of the file directory. i cant see  an option to delete mods from the app. i should have been more descriptive in my first post sorry

Check the "Manual Uninstall" section. It's not currently possible to delete mods from your Library, but as long as they are not in "My Mods" anymore it's safe to delete the app's data.