AI is here to stay

Soo.. I had an image pulled today after apparently insulting some babies. I pointed out that they(and you) are already playing games with AI imagery.

Lucky for me, here's Jen-Hsun to tell you the exact same thing lmao.

AI

• 1 month later...

Right now they're jumping at the chance of using AI to speed up production, but it is coming at the cost of real passion and sometimes real jobs. Also a lot of the AI stuff feels generic and boring, it can only iterate on what's already out there, it can't make anything truly new. I think the gaming industry will gradually return to the older, more reliable methods, once the AI hype wears down.

4 hours ago, dicere said:

Right now they're jumping at the chance of using AI to speed up production, but it is coming at the cost of real passion and sometimes real jobs. Also a lot of the AI stuff feels generic and boring, it can only iterate on what's already out there, it can't make anything truly new. I think the gaming industry will gradually return to the older, more reliable methods, once the AI hype wears down.

AI has it's place, game devs just haven't found it yet. They seem to want it to do EVERYTHING, and we get exactly what you are talking about. Bland, boring games.