Unable to start game after latest update

alanq64

Updated all the mods but it's showing that 'fallout object mod feature restored' is not compatible. I have no idea what this is referring too. It's listed on the load order page, but I don't have an installed mod called this or anything related to fallout. Any ideas?

It's the Swap and Save Weapon and Armor Mods, one of my SFSE plugins. It was compiled for v1.11.36 so it currently doesn't work with v1.12.30.

Unfortunately even if it was made address independent, the update would have broken it anyway.. BGS removed and rewrote their native IsMenuOpen function, all SFSE plugins that rely on it became broken. Library ID went from 187049 to 1870208. The old ID points to nowhere. Plugins would crash the game upon attempting to call a function that cannot be found in the new EXE.

The game doesn't need the plugins.txt enabler mod anymore, but there's a huge number of mods that still need SFSE. SFSE has been updated and mod authors are working to update their mods that are dependent on it.

My game still crashes when trying to load, I have 6 copies of script extender that vortex won't let me delete off, even though it has the delete thumbnail on the right it still doesn't delete them off. I've updated script extender and all in one library. Is there a way to format all the mods off this thing and I can restart from scratch with a clean vortex?

There is a purge all mods button at the top in Vortex. I really don't know if that nukes SFSE as well, or not....

Or, could do a clean reinstall..... Uninstall the game via steam, then, delete the three starfield folders, Install folder in steamapps\common, folder in My Games, and the one in appdata\local. Restart your machine, then reinstall Starfield. (need to purge all mods via vortex for this process as well, otherwise, they will still be there. :D)

You can also look in the 'Documents/mygames/starfield/data/sfse/scripts' and find the .dll files and remove the mods associated with them. I did that and found 'Ships need gas' needed updating.

Cheers!