Solar Systems and planets

Greetings all,

Since launch, I've been trying to figure out how to create a new planet. As this is one of the big features they kept pushing in the build up to launch. I figure placing a new planet around an existing star might be a bit problematic, as there is scripted storyline connected to random planets. Anyway, this being the case, we should be able to create entire new solar systems. Has anyone figure out how to do this yet, as many of the tricks from previous versions of Creation Kit don't want to work on this one. Honestly, it would have been nice if they had included some form of documentation with the launch.

Thanks

10 hours ago, MetroKidVictor said:

Has anyone figure out how to do this yet

A long time ago 🙂 

There's a long, rambling thread here titled Stellar Engineering which chronicles my attempts, what I found works, and what doesn't.  I have two proof of concept mods posted, Terraformed Venus and Rogue Stars. 

Rogue Stars is an entirely new star system, it's just incomplete because planets require a matching .biom file, and without that you can't land on them.  Additionally, two patches ago Bethesda did something which prevents jumping to any system which has a non-vanilla planet/moon/station.

All of that was pre-CK of course.  I'm slowly going through the new tools, seeing if they add the missing pieces.

• Like 1