1.12.32 CTD when loading modded saves

RogueKite

As the title says, I'm having trouble loading my modded saves and I can't for the life of me figure out whats wrong.  I've done as much research as I'm willing and able to do to find a solution and have found none.  Hopefully some folks here are having a similar issue and have found solutions.  I will post a copy of my plugins list to see if theres anything wrong with my load order or if its something outside of Vortex itself.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

My mod load order:

*_vTZvCore.esm
*All_Parts_No_Sat.esm
*AshApogeeCombatOverhaul.esm
*AshApogeeCombatOverhaul_Weapons.esm
*AstralGenders.esm
*Aurie_EnhancedCompanions.esm
*BetterShipPartFlips.esm
*BetterShipPartFlips - TNUsefulShipStructure Patch.esm
*BetterShipPartSnaps-ReactorsGravDrives.esm
*BetterShipPartSnaps.esm
*CompanionTweaks.esm
*Comspike and Conduction Grid (No Quest).esm
*SkinTonesForChildren.esm
*CoraComplexion.esm
*Dank_LEO.esm
*DerreTech.esm
*Easier Companion Affinity.esm
*EnhancedShipModules.esm
*Jail.esm
*RoninCockpit.esm
*Enyo BathroomPatch .esm
*FasterEngines_TNShipThrust_Patch.esm
*Faster_Engines.esm
*FireflyEngine.esm
*groundpounders mission fix.esm
*Habz_Stroud.esm
*Habz_HopeTech.esm
*Habz.esm
*habz brig patch.esm
*habz pdy patch.esm
*ShipBuilderCategories.esm
*Habz_Menu.esm
*Hope-11_Aft.esm
*ImmersiveMovementSpeed.esm
*ImprovedFollowerBehavior.esm
*IncreasedBounties.esm
*ShipColorize.esm
*JunkInYourTrunk_v2.esm
*JIYTv2-ShipColorize-Patch.esm
*JIYTv2-ShipColorize-BetterShipPartSnaps-Patch.esm
*JIYTv2CargoExpanderX10.esm
*JIYTv2-ShipColorize-CargoExpanderX10-Patch.esm
*JIYTv2NoDecoratives.esm
*RebalancedWeaponLegendaries.esm
*LEO_RebalancedLeg_Patch.esm
*LessAnnoyingTemples.esm
*LinkedCompanionSuit.esm
*lorefriendlybackgrounds - Copy.esm
*MIABSkills.esm
*MyHabs.esm
*myhabs pdy patch.esm
*MyHabs2.esm
*myhabs2 pdy patch.esm
*NaturallyGoodLoot.esm
*Neon_Entertainers_Z.esm
*nh_DecorativeEngines_ShipBuilderCategories.esm
*PlaceDoorsYourself.esm
*RebalancedArmorLegendariesV2.esm
*ronin mannequin patch.esm
*SkinsUnlocker.esm
*SKKFastStartNewGame.esm
*SpaceCowboys.esm
*SpaceShipLandingReloaded.esm
*StarfieldCommunityPatch.esm
*Superior Armor.esm
*TakeItemsThroughUnity.esm
*TakeMoreTraits.esm
*Terrifying Terrormorphs.esm
*TNDerreTechPatch.esm
*TNShipModsAllInOne.esm
*TNUsefulShipStructure.esm
*TNWeaponToModuleSnapping.esm
*TN_JIYT_Patch.esm
*UltimateShipBoost.esm
*varuungearlodge.esm
*Varuun_CR_Z.esm
*vTZv Weapon Balance Pass.esm
*Worthless_FlexiPorts.esm
*WRLK-ShipshapeSanity.esm
*YamCoGuns.esm
*YamCoTurrets.esm
*KZ_Mantis.esm
*Odyssey.esm

27 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

Have you updated them for the new game version????

Also yes.  Everything is up to date.  I should also note that I can start a new game but after putting any time into it after character creation, the game will not re load my save after I exit the game to desktop.  I have tried several solutions, I have done a reinstall of the game, clean new game with no mods at all and that seems to work fine, but after I add any mod to the game it will simply not load anymore.

Something is strange there..... Try a CLEAN reinstall. (hope you have a good internet connection. 🙂 )

If you are using a mod manager, have it uninstall/purge/whatever your mods.

Uninstall the game, methods vary depending on where you got the game from. When the uninstaller is complete, navigate to the games install directory, delete it, also delete the folder in My Games, and the one in C:\Users\YouUserName\appdata. (Hint: Shift + Delete permanently deletes files/folder, just hitting Delete simply moves them to the recycle bin, and they still take up space on your drive.)

Restart your machine. (probably isn't really necessary..... but, it certainly doesn't hurt anything, and makes sure any registry entries are cleared.)

Reinstall JUST the game. Make sure it works. Start new character, maybe play thru the tutorial section. Then start adding mods. See what happens.

I'm SORT OF having the same issue. Prior to the latest update, my game was running great. I have my games set to not update automatically. When the update was released, I waited until SFSE was updated, as well as all of the mods that I have that use it, before I updated my game. I then updated SFSE and associated mods. I have not been able to play since. If I go to Creations, I get the constantly reloading bug that Bethesda has acknowledged. If I try to load my saves or if I try to start a new game, I get an infinite load screen. If I try to exit, it freezes. I have NOT tried reinstalling my game yet. I legit just installed it for the first time last week, and I'm too pissed to start over again already lol.

EDIT: I purged all of my mods and fired up the game with no issues. I reactivated everything except for the SFSE associated mods that I had updated. No dice. I purged the mods again, went into creations and deleted the 2 creations that I had installed, then reactivated my mods again. It works. My broken game was due to Creations content. 

Edited by zombieinthehat

The best bet for anyone, is to simply get rid of any mods containing plugins that were created and uploaded before the Creation Kit was released, as they were inherently improperly constructed due to not being made with the proper tools.  Once a person has done that, they should start fresh and only use mods which have been created using the new CK and other properly constructed tools based upon it.  Also, make sure that none of the plugins are .esp files - Starfield does not use .esp files and using them WILL break your game.  See: Regarding Mods and Plugin Types (from PINNED TOPIC Helpful Links, References, and News, Section 4 - Modding the Game).

Good luck!

57 minutes ago, smr1957 said:

The best bet for anyone, is to simply get rid of any mods containing plugins that were created and uploaded before the Creation Kit was released, as they were inherently improperly constructed due to not being made with the proper tools.  Once a person has done that, they should start fresh and only use mods which have been created using the new CK and other properly constructed tools based upon it.  Also, make sure that none of the plugins are .esp files - Starfield does not use .esp files and using them WILL break your game.  See: Regarding Mods and Plugin Types (from PINNED TOPIC Helpful Links, References, and News, Section 4 - Modding the Game).

Good luck!

Sigh. That's probably a really good idea and good advice.

6 hours ago, HeyYou said:

Something is strange there..... Try a CLEAN reinstall. (hope you have a good internet connection. 🙂 )

If you are using a mod manager, have it uninstall/purge/whatever your mods.

Uninstall the game, methods vary depending on where you got the game from. When the uninstaller is complete, navigate to the games install directory, delete it, also delete the folder in My Games, and the one in C:\Users\YouUserName\appdata. (Hint: Shift + Delete permanently deletes files/folder, just hitting Delete simply moves them to the recycle bin, and they still take up space on your drive.)

Restart your machine. (probably isn't really necessary..... but, it certainly doesn't hurt anything, and makes sure any registry entries are cleared.)

Reinstall JUST the game. Make sure it works. Start new character, maybe play thru the tutorial section. Then start adding mods. See what happens.

Yes I did that.  Then started adding mods.  Seems like the below quote has it.

5 hours ago, smr1957 said:

Good luck!

Thank you all for helping.  Hopefully I can get things working properly.  We will see.

Thanks again.