Starlight Drive-in wandering npc's

Wicken54

Doing build at Starlight. Using "Scrap Everything" to clear. The diner/projector and screen are intact, just cleaned of debris and trash, etc. No markers noted. Using elevated wood plank floors with pre-fabs.

The problem is; I want the NPC's to STAY ON THE PLATFORM. I have porch railings and guard rails completely surrounding the perimeter and still they manage to all congregate in the middle (on the ground) of the drive-in. And then they just stand there until I put up some stairs so they can GET BACK UP. Screenshot shows temporary runway which helped for awhile. They would go down the stairs, hit the  end and come back up. Now,  I fast travel and come back to find them all in a just standing group under the platform or in front of the diner. 

Is there a cure? I'm thinking, probably wrongly, that because I'm using wood plank floors they just pop through them. I noticed placing a "Blue Team" arena platform, on a wood plank floor square which was over the depression where the water was, it sank through and could only be placed where the ground was closer. If I change the wood floor to concrete on the raised platform, would that work since it's "thicker"? 

I could really use some advice guys. Thanks.

Starlight 1.jpg

Wow thats some fortress you built there!

About those NPCs, it's like herding cats , especially at Starlight.

Plus NPCs are notoriously bad with vertical displacement.

The issue I noticed at Starlight is my farm girls going on walks well outside the perimeter ( by an estimated 50 yards outside and at some spots outside the range of my machine gun tuttets. I dont mind if I my tough-guy guards to that, to me they are just condtucting a sweep, but my hotties its an issue to me.)

I'm afraid your out of luck. The engine drops 'm on a navmeshed piece of ground or floor inside a settlement when you approach or teleport in. Regardless of what you build. Only their job and time of day has any influence.

They do tend to go to a bar and/or lighted area, but not so much at starlight. As pointed out by 363rdChemicalCompany they tend to go for a walk outside the perimeter a lot as well.

It might be better to go with it, instead of trying to make 'm do what you want. Build a bar at the center, some lights, chairs etc.

• Like 1

Shot in the dark..... pathing issue? (I am probably talking nonsense....)

As T'smurf said many moons ago:
"Change fSandboxCylinderTop/-Bottom: Settlers and other NPC's can more easily sandbox between multiple floors, as a result of changing the fSandboxCylinderTop game setting from 150 to 600 and fSandboxCylinderBottom from -50 to -600, so NPC's can detect sandbox markers two floors above and below them."

7 hours ago, worm82075 said:

Have you tried moving the settlement markers? Move Workshop Markers by SKK

That's pretty kewl. Thanks. I will consider it.

3 hours ago, DjinnKiller said:

Shot in the dark..... pathing issue? (I am probably talking nonsense....)

As T'smurf said many moons ago:
"Change fSandboxCylinderTop/-Bottom: Settlers and other NPC's can more easily sandbox between multiple floors, as a result of changing the fSandboxCylinderTop game setting from 150 to 600 and fSandboxCylinderBottom from -50 to -600, so NPC's can detect sandbox markers two floors above and below them."

Thanks. I use console commands a lot anyways. I will check into this.

13 hours ago, RoNin1971 said:

I'm afraid your out of luck. The engine drops 'm on a navmeshed piece of ground or floor inside a settlement when you approach or teleport in. Regardless of what you build. Only their job and time of day has any influence.

They do tend to go to a bar and/or lighted area, but not so much at starlight. As pointed out by 363rdChemicalCompany they tend to go for a walk outside the perimeter a lot as well.

It might be better to go with it, instead of trying to make 'm do what you want. Build a bar at the center, some lights, chairs etc.

I was thinking the same thing. Just re-configure a bit, expand sandboxing and call it a day. Thanks for all your input guys. It helps. May all your playthroughs be smooth. 🙂