For anyones Mod suggestion ideas

Simply made this since I didn't notice any topic tabs where folks can just solidify all their mod suggestion ideas into one place. 
So to suggest a mod. Would be cool if there was a mod that affected Dead NPCs of all types including creates in which it would allow them to decay over time. Eventually being replaced by a skeleton. Which is still wearing their clothing in the exact position they went poof. Would add a lot more immersion for those who would prefer something closer to what occurs irl after some time.  

Mod Ideas is the proper place for things like this.

Unfortunately, I don't think the game engine can support something like this. The game engine already doesn't even properly handle dead NPCs and creatures. If you leave the area and come back, the NPC or creature "drops" again and won't necessarily end up in the same position. Also, you would need to create several intermediate models for every clothing type and for every creature, each with a progressive level of decay. That's a tremendous amount of modeling work.

Currently, the game engine eventually de-spawns dead creatures and NPCs, presumably to save memory. It's a 32 bit game, so memory is limted. No matter how much memory your computer has, the game can only use 2 GB of it (4 GB with the patch) due to it being 32 bits (the max memory offset you can specify with 32 bits is 4 GB). The game already has memory issues, especially since its texture cache system tends to leak memory, which is one of the reasons that the game gets slower and slower the longer you play it, and will often eventually crash due to running out of memory, especially if you use higher resolution textures. Adding more things in memory to keep track of would only make this problem worse.

It would be really nice for immersion, though. And I am one of those players who really places a lot of emphasis on immersion, so I would really appreciate it if someone could figure out how to do it.

21 hours ago, madmongo said:

Mod Ideas is the proper place for things like this.

Yup, near the top of the page, it should say "Discussion - Spoilers - Mod Ideas", etc.  (On mobile, it might be in a pulldown.)  These are all links to subforums within the New Vegas forum here.