I get this Error message whenever i try to add mods, then won't load up in game either "Cannot set properties of undefined (setting 'node')"

Phrasor
Go to solution Solved by insomnious,

Here's the complete error code :

TypeError: Cannot set properties of undefined (setting 'node')
    at C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\game-baldursgate3\loadOrder.js:365:37
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at fulfilled (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\game-baldursgate3\loadOrder.js:28:58)
    at tryCatcher (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\util.js:16:23)
    at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:547:31)
    at Promise._settlePromise (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:604:18)
    at Promise._settlePromise0 (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:649:10)
    at Promise._settlePromises (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:729:18)
    at _drainQueueStep (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:93:12)
    at _drainQueue (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:86:9)
    at Async._drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:102:5)
    at Async.drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:15:14)

help would be appreciated, i tried re installing vortex and everything

• Like 1

Reading a few threads in the Vortex Support forum here, it sounds like a recent game update broke Vortex's BG3 plugin.  Not much you can do except wait for an update to it.

(I don't have Vortex or BG3 myself, so I'm just going by what I've read there.)

• Like 1

Currently there still isn't a fix to my knowledge, but I was tinkering with the mods\Vortex and I think I've found a "workaround" for now.

{To better understand the issue, you can check out this forum: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Vortex/issues/16384}

TLDR - Basically, any mods that affect the core gameplay won't work with the New Patch 7, but any visual mods or mods that adds to the game like (Class mods, or Races mods) seem to work fine. You would need to disable any mods that affect the Game's main gameplay.  When you boot up the game, and get to the main menu, you should see the mod manager option, click it,  and you should see two tabs, click on the installed tab, and you should see a list of the mods installed. Make sure all mods are disabled, and activate a few at a time to see which mods crash the game. 

So it seems the new patch doesn't play nice with any mods that affect the Utilities\script of Bg3, using Vortex or the Bg3 Mod manager. 
Good examples of this are { Mod fixer, LSisb tool, VFX library, impUI, Norbyte script extender, Etc.}, basically anything that would change the main source code of the game. ( from my testing so far)
So {using Vortex}, I stop managing the game, to disable all the active mods, then I activated the game again. When you do this, it will ask you to "re-install the LSisb and mod fixer, just press cancel for it. Make sure those mods are disabled or uninstalled. 
You should be managing the game with 0 mods active at first, but with a list of the mods you've installed so far. 

From here, {As a test} enabled 3-5  mods you have that are under the "Races" mod category. 
I recommend using the {FANTASICAL COMPENDIUM} and some of the Races that comes with it. {If you don't have it installed, you can install it form Vortex, and enable it} 

once those are installed\enable, run Bg3 from Vortex {You should be able to do the same on bg3 mod manager, but I haven't tested it, so not sure} and let it load until you get to the main menu.
From the main menu, scroll down to the new Mod Manger option from the list, and click on it. you should see two options, and you want to click on the "INSTALLED" tab.
You should see a list of the Race mods you've enable, and you will need to click on the mods to make sure there enabled there as well. It will show a GREEN CHECK MARK, if it's enabled.
Then, as a test, click on New Game and get to the character creator, go to the "Race" tab, and you should see the "Races" you've installed\enabled. If you see them, Great! If not, reply saying, what's the issue you're getting.

Note: if you see a bunch of duplicate names in your mod list, that's because there's a utility\user interface mod that's enabled {Or the mod fixer is enabled}, that's crash the mod manager. MAKE SURE TO DISABLE THOSE MODS

Now from my testing, these are the Mod category that have worked so far. (THERE ARE GOING TO BE EXCEPTIONS. I'm not sure all the mods that work or don't)

Visuals
Gameplay
Races
Classes
Spells
Weapons & armor
Characters

Examples of mods that have worked for me

(Mod)                                                    (Mod Category)
5E Spells                                                Gameplay
Silver Hair Pack                                     Characters
Less Wrinkled Expression                     Visual                                    
Blood Magic - Wizard subclass            Classes
Soul reaper                                             Classes

Overall, you kinda have to play around with the mods you have and see what works nice with the mod manager, Until they release an update for patch 7 to make it easier to work with 3rd party mods. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...