BG3 Patch 7 New mod manager and the future of mods here in Nexus

FredKarrera

Most companies, especially media companies, hate their fanbase. Most of the people who go to work for them don't like nerds, nerdom, etc. Yet the irony, they go to those companies to work for them. This is why a lot of gaming companies go against their communities and add in features that #%^$ over the entire fanbase. Too many companies to name for this to be wrong. They are not interested in the fans want or the communities, they just want to make a quick buck OR they are trying to take their nerd hate out on the fans of the series by adding in features they destroy everything.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, EldacarIV said:

Do we have a window on how long that is going to take? I can't find anything online. Thanks in advance!

New Bitmap Image.png

• Like 3

I am not sure why some people already expect the mod manager to be as bad as Bethesdas. The Launcher is out for a few days now and you are already dooming it, probably not even giving it a proper try. I love they implemented it, making it much easier to download mods for people that have for example not yet installed anything. Some friends of mine will have a much easier time to play with me WITH mods! Thats so great and I love it!

Give it time people. Embrace the change!

3 hours ago, Viome said:

I am not sure why some people already expect the mod manager to be as bad as Bethesdas. The Launcher is out for a few days now and you are already dooming it, probably not even giving it a proper try. I love they implemented it, making it much easier to download mods for people that have for example not yet installed anything. Some friends of mine will have a much easier time to play with me WITH mods! Thats so great and I love it!

Give it time people. Embrace the change!

Some of the creators are converting their mods to the new one, BUT the old ones are not doing it because they have long since abandon the game. A lot of the good mods are the old ones.

• Like 1

The in game mod manager is for consoles.  Not needed and inferior for pc.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Viome said:

Bazı insanların mod yöneticisinin Bethesda'nınki kadar kötü olmasını beklemesinin nedenini anlamıyorum. Başlatıcı birkaç gündür piyasada ve siz onu mahvediyorsunuz, muhtemelen doğru düzgün bir deneme bile yapmıyorsunuz. Bunu uygulamış olmalarına bayıldım, örneğin henüz hiçbir şey yüklememiş kişiler için modları indirmeyi çok daha kolay hale getiriyor. Bazı arkadaşlarım benimle modLARLA oynamayı çok daha kolay bulacak! Bu harika ve bayıldım!

Zaman verin millet. Değişimi kucaklayın!

when the script extender is present, the save file does not open at all, it throws it to the main menu, but when I delete the script extender, the save file opens, but the mods do not work, they may have brought a new system with patch 7, but it is very bad that they broke the normal modding, they should have tested it thoroughly, I do not plan to use the official mod support, restrictions and censorship are not good, they should change this attitude. 

• Like 2

I hate to break it to you but what Larian is doing is not "censorship". All large patches so far have broken things. I'm really sorry if some people are having problems with their modded games, but it isn't Larian's responsibility. Modding any game comes with exactly this same risk.

Either way, Larian has no obligation to support modding of their game, but they've decided they want to, which is awesome! I'm absolutely excited for the precedent that the official modding system sets, because I would love to see more companies build modding support into their game development plan from the start.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

@Nimiar

We don't need them to support us, Larian should give people the freedom to create mods from external pages, but it seems that they are only creating complications, the freedom and creativity of human beings will end up winning, by the way the new official mod system looks awful

• Like 2

@Poizenbg3 they are still allowing outside modding. VORTEX needs a new patch to work with BG3 after patch 7. It's not a big deal. Modders can still make mods outside of the BG3 Toolkit, upload to Nexus, and be used once Vortex has been patched to work with BG3 Patch 7. 

• Like 1