Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 7 support for Vortex

insomnious

5 hours ago, AugustaCalidia said:

My BG3 patch 6 beta game is loving this updated extension.  All's right with my Baldur's Gate 3 world now.

My thoughts exactly. Many thanks for the swift work (even if I was a patch 7 mover and shaker anyway)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, insomnious said:

Vortex will need a clean game modsettings.lsx file (the file the game uses to load mods from) to start with and the easiest way to get this is to follow these steps:

1. Make sure Vortex is running the latest Baldur's Gate 3 extension (1.5.2). This can be checked in Extensions > Show Bundled > Find Baldur's Gate 3 and looking at the 'Version' column
  2. Close Vortex
  3. Run Baldur's Gate 3 to make sure that the modsettings.lsx file is reset to default values appropriate to the game version. Close the game down again when you reach the main menu
  4. Run Vortex
  5. Purge mods
  6. Deploy mods
  7. Run Baldur's Gate 3

Sorry again and please let us know how you get on

insomnious and the Vortex team

It worked! Thank you for navigating my noob self on how to fix it. I'll spread the word on steam if you haven't already.

• Like 1

I don't know why this is still not working for me.... I followed all the instructions while on patch 6 yet every time I boot up the game my modsettings file is still being reset on launch and my game still isn't detecting mods. I haven't been able to play my save in days man this is so frustrating.

13 hours ago, insomnious said:

Hey all,

The Baldur's Gate 3 game extension has been updated to 1.5.2 to fix a problem with our game version detection. This fix stops Vortex sometimes writing the wrong file format for the wrong game version. Please update ASAP by restarting Vortex. 

Apologies for the issues that our recent update caused to those that had working mod setups on Patch 6. Vortex doesn't really have the ability to run multiple versions of the same game extension and so we needed to wrap Patch 6 and Patch 7 code into the same extension to attempt to keep all happy. Even during our testing we didn't encounter the issue that some of you have found when still running Patch 6.

The problem came with game version detection and Vortex was endless writing a Patch 7 format to the Patch 6 game, and each time the game was run, it would reset it, and then the endless loop begins.

Nothing has changed for Patch 7 users.

Vortex will need a clean game modsettings.lsx file (the file the game uses to load mods from) to start with and the easiest way to get this is to follow these steps:

1. Make sure Vortex is running the latest Baldur's Gate 3 extension (1.5.2). This can be checked in Extensions > Show Bundled > Find Baldur's Gate 3 and looking at the 'Version' column
  2. Close Vortex
  3. Run Baldur's Gate 3 to make sure that the modsettings.lsx file is reset to default values appropriate to the game version. Close the game down again when you reach the main menu
  4. Run Vortex
  5. Purge mods
  6. Deploy mods
  7. Run Baldur's Gate 3

Sorry again and please let us know how you get on

insomnious and the Vortex team

That's fixed the issue! Thank you!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GoatGawd said:

I don't know why this is still not working for me.... I followed all the instructions while on patch 6 yet every time I boot up the game my modsettings file is still being reset on launch and my game still isn't detecting mods. I haven't been able to play my save in days man this is so frustrating.

You might have to do an extra step and make sure you are in beta patch 6, and re-download the game on that version. Then try the work around he told us about.

7 minutes ago, FightingBlaze77 said:

You might have to do an extra step and make sure you are in beta patch 6, and re-download the game on that version. Then try the work around he told us about.

I completely downgraded to patch 6 because I thought maybe the beta version was the problem, and it still isn't working. Unfortunately, it still resets my modsettings file on launch. There clearly something I'm missing here but I have no idea what.

4 minutes ago, GoatGawd said:

I completely downgraded to patch 6 because I thought maybe the beta version was the problem, and it still isn't working. Unfortunately, it still resets my modsettings file on launch. There clearly something I'm missing here but I have no idea what.

Why did you downgrade? Use the beta Patch 6 branch. Follow the instructions above.