What game(s) was/were the biggest disappointment to you?

RedHeadAngel

The title says it all. What game(s) let you down the most? Here's mine (To all the CoD fans reading, remember that this is my opinion. No need to start a war over it).

I started playing the CoD games when I was 12 (which was in 2017, about 14 years after the first game came out 😅). I started at the beginning because my dad had all the games up to that point. I was hooked on them for about a month and a half, with WaW being my absolute favorite. Heck, it still is.❤️ However, after MW3, the quality of the games seemed to decrease. Nowadays, CoD has no quality being put into it. It's just a cash grab at this point. It's such a shameful thing for a series that so many came to love.

I will say this, though: BO3 was OK. Not great, but it was better than Ghosts.

Fortnite, I used to like the creative part but it was always one disappointment after another, especially when UEFN came out I just quit, then I found skyrim modding instead, it was nice and I did not have to worry about any disappointments. Now I have decided to quit video games for the most part and focus on improving my financial situation. 

Mass Effect: Andromeda. Finding out the actual writing was done in 18 months and was probably a first draft helped make it easier to swallow, but it was a pretty big letdown.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 being such a minor iteration (although thankfully rolling back excesses of the PSP games) over VC1 was a huge disappointment. It completely ignored all the improvements in turn-based game design and UXUI set by Firaxis XCOM, plus didn't really improve the third person shooter combat in any way, so it just felt really old and tired.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kregano said:

Mass Effect: Andromeda. Finding out the actual writing was done in 18 months and was probably a first draft helped make it easier to swallow, but it was a pretty big letdown.

My face is tired just thinking about it.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

TES5 Skyrim. So very bland.

Is that why you have an Oblivion character as your profile pic? (That is from Oblivion, right? I'm not poking fun. Just curious.)

7 hours ago, Kregano said:

I've never played any Mass Effect games, but I heard that one was disappointing.