NPC's weapons are floating above thier head at distance!using

ChaoticXeon

hey guys i am experiencing an odd problem like when npcs have their weapons shethed they don't have it on the back but floating above the head.....but as i get close to them their weapon auto repositions itself to the back.... i am even seeing this problem immediately when i preview an npc in creation kit

my load order:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/upq9j4e30yqbxqj/LoadOrder_Skyrim_2014-01-20T18-20-57.txt

here is a pic of an npc in creation kit

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fyqmlk6xolybvu/float%20bug%20skyrim.png

any idea what to do? or this a default problem with custom skeletons

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old post, but I'd like to add my voice to this. I have the same problem! Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

I keep opening the game to get into it again, forgetting about this problem. I'm all for immersion, so after a while this bug becomes game-breaking.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a similar problem where everyone's (NPCs and my character) shields were floating underneath their feet and it turned out to be a glitch with Dual Sheath Redux. In my case, it was a matter of unchecking the "carry shields on back" box in DSR's menu. So, that's where I would start looking. It may also be something with the way you configured your skeleton (you are using an aftermarket skeleton, right?). I know this is an old post, and you may have figured it out by now, but that was my two cents.

Run the generate FNIS. I had this problem once, and I think FNIS fixed it.

If you haven't fixed it, and want more help trouble shooting you can post your load order, but usually on my games I install TBBP and XP32. Usually to fix character animation errors I uninstall TBBP and XP32, then reinstall them (FIRST REINSTALL TBBP THO!!!). Then delete the skeletonfemal.hkx or what ever it is called. I'm pretty sure it's in your "Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\characters female" folder. Then just run FNIS.

hope that helps

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I just checked back on this thread and was surprised to see replies! Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

I tried using FNIS, uninstalling and reinstalling XP32 (I don't use TBBP), and then uninstalling and reinstalling every mod in Skyrim, and the game itself (which took hours!!!)

Unfortunately, the problem is still there. I can post my load order but to be honest I'm not sure how to! I think a likely candidate for the cause of this problem could be the fact that I'm using a custom skeleton replacer which supposedly makes different skeleton mods compatible. On the other hand, that might have nothing to do with it: I can't say! I have almost reached the .esp limit and my game is very heavily modded. If someone could tell me how to post my load order I will do!

• 2 months later...

Okay, update for anyone who's having this problem: I disabled the custom skeleton replacer that I was using, and everything has gone back to normal, except a minor issue with bolts (when I get shot with one, it floats behind me). But this is far less noticeable and definitely preferable!