Papyrus Editor

Rutah

I'm in the process of developing an editor for papyrus scripts. At the moment it only has very basic functionality but does support syntax highlighting, section folding, and the ability to execute the papyrus compiler through the program.

I would appreciate any input on ideas people might have for features to be implemented. My ultimate goal is to implement a feature similar to the IntelliSense found in Visual Studio.

Well, if I _am_ messing around with papyrus it's usually in notepad++, your software seems to be on par with that in terms of functionality (at least for papyrus).

CK wiki integration might be nice to have, or general googling, right-click any given bit of syntax and see the corresponding wiki entry, perhaps locally cached after the first lookup? Or perhaps automatic lookup in a special pane. I find myself flipping back and forth to the CK wiki all the time.

I really like the idea of an optional second pane for the wiki entry for one main reason, while the IntellieSense-esque goal is definitely a great feature to include, the wiki entry will have examples. Having a separate pane which automatically switches to the function you're using so you can see not only the syntax, but and example of it in use, would be pretty useful.

Will it recommend all functions that can be used? Like if I create a Ref property PlayerRef and type PlayerRef. it will show what commands I can call?

That's the general idea.

As far as adding a web browser in for the official wiki, I don't see the inherent need for it since you can stick the editor and a browser side by side.

If it would be too difficult, then I wouldn't worry about it. But the difference between having it built in and just putting the windows next to each other is how I was saying the CK pane would automatically load whatever event/function you're using. If it was cached locally, the load times would be near instant. But seriously, it was just a random idea.

If it would be too difficult, then I wouldn't worry about it. But the difference between having it built in and just putting the windows next to each other is how I was saying the CK pane would automatically load whatever event/function you're using. If it was cached locally, the load times would be near instant. But seriously, it was just a random idea.

It wouldn't be difficult at all to implement, I just don't see a reason for it because the code completion tool I'm writing will give you the same information as the wiki.