Children in Oblivion?

Stampede

Think any kids are going to make it into oblivion? Not likely...I think with the degree of realism we are going for, the developers might be concerned with publics reaction. Can you imagine some mother grundy watching her fat 32 year old son killing kids and taking their clothes?

I am positive though, that eventually a plugin will come out with kids, just like in morrowind.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Haha yeah, it tends to be considered un-PC to have kids in video games nowadays.

World of Warcraft has them though, and you can kill NPCs in that game. I'm not really sure how that works. It's possible that the child NPCs disappear when the town comes under attack (as though they've gone into hiding or something), I haven't really researched it. :P

I think it would be reasonable enough to have kids in the game and just make it so your weapon can't collide with them, even if aiming right for them. Maybe not realistic but it would allow for the realism of people having children and help to avoid the Concerned Mothers League burning down Bethesda HQ. :P

Bah, make all kids lvl 278 with all stats on 3600 and give am a 700 skill in hand-to hand. That way, any kid you attack will run circles around you and beat you to death in a matter of seconds.

So true.

I remember in Ultima VII, you could massacre children, even babies. I kid you not!!! In Ultima VI as well...but then you could also indulge in homosexual relations, so anything went.

Neverwinter Nights had invulnerable kids, it seriously detracted from the realism of the game....er not that I attacked them or anything.

I would rather Oblivion did not have kids than have immortal ones. Even the kids plugin I have allows you to kill them...just not to take their clothes.

Er...again, this is just what I've heard...

It would make it all the more sinister when I go on my murderous rampages :D

I think they'll leave them out like they did in morrowind, and it'll be up to modders to put them in. I personally don't care if there's kids or not. I hate all humans regardless of age. I will feed on their blood without prejudice.

if there where kids it would make the game more life like. I think it would be better. if they do the should make the parents protect the kids. say you attack one of the kids and then the parent would protect them

If you want children in Morrowind download 'Children in Morrowind' by Emma on Thelys Beta site. As with all Emma's mods expect 'cute'. You cannot kill the children as they have magical transportation, like the guy at Raven Rock. If you hit at them they vanish. Some of the animations re hopscotch and 'whirling dervish' playing are very lifelike.

Archived