TFC - Move Camera Vertically/Z-Axis?

Erchino

Hi,

I am trying to make a Fallout machinima, but my biggest problem is that unlike Skryim, Fallout 3's tfc does not allow me to move the camera vertically on the z-axis. The camera only allows me to move front, back, left, and right, but I also want to move the camera up and down. Would anybody happen to know if there is a way to move the camera up and down? Thanks.

The camera will move in the direction in which you are looking. If you look up and press "w" you will go up and forward. If you look down and press "w" you will move down and forward. It will also work in the reverse. Look down and press "s" will move you up and back . Look up and press "s" and you will move down and back. While you are in the free camera mode, clipping is disabled.

• 4 years later...
Hi! I never knew you could move along the z-axis in Skyrim. All I do now is trying to match the angles and distance from where I take screenshots. I need to be close to my character to be able to get maximum details. I want to create a high res picture of my characters armor so I copy and paste them into paint and try to create one single image. The picture is off by a Longshot because of this. Z-axis movement would really help me out!

You could create a clone npc of your character.

Then take pictures of them.

In fact there may even be a mod for this ... if you don't want to attempt the geck work yourself.

But I could walk you through how to set it up if you want. There is a bunch of different ways with varying degrees of difficulty.

The simplest being if your armor has a helmet , then you can slap the armor on any ole npc.