HAPPY

TheCalliton

Yay! You get to enjoy one of the best damn games around, grats. I would recommend not doing mods until you play through at least once. Go and explore the world, it's huge and superbly detailed like any Beth game.

Try a high level of difficulty, if you can, or at least normal until you start playing with mods.

dont worry, i did the same thing with oblivion (at tghe moment, i kinda like oblivion more, but thats just cuz my character sucks in fallout3)

can anyone give me some good tips on what skills are more usefull?

ive been using small guns and sneak a hell of a lot

also, id like to know some good "dungeons" ig uess i can call em, for a newbie

thanks alot

and i know that the game does end...

@gs i did both at the same time in oblivion... forever was the journy of the main quest...

You should use the type of weapon that most suits your playing style. I'd personally recommend Small Guns, as they have great variety and good damage. For a low-level character, use a Hunting Rifle/Assault Rifle. A 10mm Pistol is a viable choice as well. The weapon my character uses most in the vanilla game is the Xuanlong Assault Rifle, a Unique variant of the Chinese Assault Rifle.

If you depend on Sneak a lot, I wouldn't advise using heavy armor.

And have fun.

I find the Repair and Lockpick skills highly useful. My character is nuts about repairing his guns and gets quite a bit of ammo and caps from locked safes and ammo boxes. The Terrible Shotgun and Sydney's Ultra 10mm are great close range small guns. Energy Weapons is a good category to put points in, as you'll be finding more of them later in the game.

If you're really into Sneak, I highly recommend the Combat Shotgun early on. It can be tough to find if you don't know where to look for them (*ahem* traps), but once you do have that in good condition and you have high enough Small Guns skill, it can be your go to weapon till at least level 10.

The Terrible Shotgun and Sydney's Ultra 10mm are great close range small guns.

Personally, I don't terribly fancy the Combat Shotgun and 10mm SMG. The CS has horrible HP and needs to be repaired constantly. The SMG burns through ammo at an incredible rate. I find the Sawed-Off Shotgun and The Kneecapper to be more useful than their counterparts. Just don't use VATS with them, and you'll be fine.